Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Apologies Troops, I didn't appreciate the support bubble stuff. On the plus side, Mrs T is about to get a boost! 

Yeah daughters on the phone to Mrs T now she's rang the health visitor who said it's still ok to come over tomorrow :D. We're not seeing any of the other kids or  grandkids she's the only one. 

• Like 3

Cant argue with this 

Boris Johnson 'a disgrace' for not knowing rules says MP

Kate Osborne, Labour MP for Jarrow, South Tyneside, has reacted to Boris Johnson's comments about the rules in place in north-east England - in which he initially seemed confused about how they were to be applied.

She said: "For the prime minister to not know the latest rules that his government set is an outright disgrace.

"He's not fit to be prime minister."

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Including making eye contact. :lol:

120201541_10164371233205515_130005929857

(I'm aware that's in London but it gave me a giggle. As if we willingly acknowledge each other down here anyway.)

:lol: it’s definitely already the rules on the tube. Also, with it being London that could be a pisstake or it could be entirely serious 

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Worst case scenario, give the baby a bucket and sponge and say you're paying them to do your windows. Sorted. :good: 

Say the bairn is cleaning the chimney and Rees Mogg'll support your position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooper said:

So we wont breaking the law ? Just the curtain twitchers around here would be on to the police straight away. 

I believe the guidelines are that you should tell the curtain twitchers to fuck right off and then post some dogshit through their letterbox in the middle of the night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As an aside, friend of my lad's is an estate agent, he says market is crazy right now and valuing properties is a lottery, if 2 people want it stuff is going way over market price, he gave an example of a small 3 bed semi-detached which previously would go for £180-£190K, owners were gob smacked he suggested listing at £200K - it sold for £247K !!! Also they can't shift flats in areas where previously they would be gone within couple of days of listing (at the coast) everyone wants outside space and absolutely loads of divorces going on (and resultant quick sales wanted so also some bargains around).

Interestingly he also said noticeable amount of "southern" folks moving up here, can work from home and are escaping the "rat race".

Edited by Toonpack

Seems to be a bit of both around here. We're not looking (we've long missed the boat in terms of buying in London) but I like to keep informed anyway, if only to laugh at how much people are willing to pay for an average two-bed semi on an average street in Lewisham. Anecdotally things have slowed down (amplified by people looking to leave the city?) and buyers are feeling emboldened to undercut asking prices for the first time in a long while - but all that's done is make the estate agents tell sellers to up their asking prices by 10-20%, so everything ends up massively skewed. Terrific. :lol: But there's definitely some of those quick sale scenarios emerging too.

15 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

As an aside, friend of my lad's is an estate agent, he says market is crazy right now and valuing properties is a lottery, if 2 people want it stuff is going way over market price, he gave an example of a small 3 bed semi-detached which previously would go for £180-£190K, owners were gob smacked he suggested listing at £200K - it sold for £247K !!! Also they can't shift flats in areas where previously they would be gone within couple of days of listing (at the coast) everyone wants outside space and absolutely loads of divorces going on (and resultant quick sales wanted so also some bargains around).

Interestingly he also said noticeable amount of "southern" folks moving up here, can work from home and are escaping the "rat race".

A colleague put in a sealed bid of £500k for a house valued at £435k in Whitley Bay. Looked like a lovely house tbf, definitely undervalued. Anyway the winning bid was £525k, £90k over asking. High value properties have been selling on the coast for a while now as Londoners buy them with fuck off deposits. Not a lot of locals can afford that much wedge. Be interesting to see what happens to London. 

Edited by Renton

17 minutes ago, trooper said:

Todays figures 7,143 new cases in the UK highest since outbreak began 

It's probably not though in truth, there's way more testing when originally they only tested in hospitals etc. reckon actual infection rate back in March was way above now

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

It's probably not though in truth, there's way more testing when originally they only tested in hospitals etc. reckon actual infection rate back in March was way above now

Aye your right BUT the numbers are still increasing rapidly. 

45 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Estimated 100,000 per day at the peak. But this isn't good news imo. Lots of people still aren't getting tested, so the real figure is more. But the worrying thing is the positivity rate, now 11% in Newcastle. Less than a month ago it was about 2% iirc. And hospitals are.beginning to fill again. 

• Like 1

One of my other daughters has just text Mrs T to say. Her, her husband & our 5 year old grandson have have a test tomorrow. As the grandsons come home from school complaining of a sore chest. Daughter spoke to the G.P. who said it would be better to get tested. 

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

rumours that London is heading for a local lockdown a'la the north east.

GREAT

I imagine the Cabinet meeting about it, ( if they have one, and Cummings doesn’t just tell them what they’re doing), to go something like this.