Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Just now, Renton said:

Did you read ewerks post? Whats your threshold for alarm? This is what I mean, we're doing it again. By the time people get alarmed, it will be too late. 

Yeah I did. There has been an uptick in deaths, I'm not denying that. I'm still waiting for it to track anything like the rate of increase in cases. It isn't so far, and even Vallance in his worst nightmare scenario doesn't expect it to. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah I did. There has been an uptick in deaths, I'm not denying that. I'm still waiting for it to track anything like the rate of increase in cases. It isn't so far, and even Vallance in his worst nightmare scenario doesn't expect it to. 

Between Week 12 and Week 15 deaths went from 103 to 6,213 per week. Hopefully your blood lust will be satisfied soon.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

As I said, it's not going to explode like before, we'll see a shallower slope. Maybe the NHS will be able to "cope" with this, I don't know. Still think its a nightmare like. I mean, you're brushing off 200 deaths a day here as not being serious. That's somebody dying every 15 minutes. And that is by no means the worst case scenario. 

Just now, ewerk said:

Between Week 12 and Week 15 deaths went from 103 to 6,213 per week. Hopefully your blood lust will be satisfied soon.

Looking forward to it. But please note that the high end of that would be 4.5x what Vallance is expecting in his worst nightmares. 

It's a different demographics being infected at the moment so deaths are going to explode in the same way as before but if it continues through the population then it's only a matter of time before it gets back into the care homes.

Just now, Renton said:

As I said, it's not going to explode like before, we'll see a shallower slope. Maybe the NHS will be able to "cope" with this, I don't know. Still think its a nightmare like. I mean, you're brushing off 200 deaths a day here as not being serious. That's somebody dying every 15 minutes. And that is by no means the worst case scenario. 

Fuck me, I'm not brushing it off, it's awful. I would prefer it if my wife wasn't having to go to work every day so she wasn't exposed. I don't want anyone I know to die from it, and I'm not advocating that we all take off the masks and start open mouth kissing in the street.

I'm simply saying that there is currently a significant disconnect between this take off in cases and what that is expected to translate to in terms of deaths, by the fucking bloke in charge of the thinking on this. 

I'm saying let's see what happens and that I don't want that disconnect to change. 

46 minutes ago, trooper said:

Surely if people aren't social distancing in a queue you'd wear your mask.

A Bedlington pub has been shut after police caught households mingling and customers without their masks in breach of coronavirus guidelines.

Officers claimed there was no social distancing inside The Wharton Arms during a spot check on Saturday, October 3.

Northumbria Police say multiple breaches at the pub also included not displaying a Track and Trace QR code, or enforcing a one-way system.

there is a very small risk of transmission outdoors. i wear one indoors, don't tend to outside

Aye, fair enough. I'm feeling characteristically down about the situation, really hit me today.  I do think we are repeating mistakes but what do I know?  its going to be a shit winter regardless.  

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Aye, fair enough. I'm feeling characteristically down about the situation, really hit me today.  I do think we are repeating mistakes but what do I know?  its going to be a shit winter regardless.  

no doubt about that :lol:

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I didn't get why he said 200 cases per day. Unless he was factoring in increased lockdown provisions. Honestly though, we are in serious shit imo. I'm most worried about the knock on effect to other services, especially cancer. 

Yep, and that is down to lack of funding of the NHS and nothing else, there's been zero steps to mitigate the effect of Covid on other services.

This is all wearing on me now - I think I'm almost in the camp of wanting them just to open everything up again because dying from COVID in the coming few months would be preferable to economic armageddon that creates a completely shit living situation for the next 20 years, doubtless accompanied by the return of austerity.

Anyway, the good news is that my cleaner is back as of today. I was on half pay from May through August with a significant job loss threat hanging over me (thankfully now resolved),  so couldn't keep her on.

This is a significant boost which won't be reflected in any of your covid doomsday graphs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This is all wearing on me now - I think I'm almost in the camp of wanting them just to open everything up again because dying from COVID in the coming few months would be preferable to economic armageddon that creates a completely shit living situation for the next 20 years, doubtless accompanied by the return of austerity.

Don't think like that, hang in there, we've got sunlit uplands and unicorns from January.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Glad to hear it Gemmill. You lazy twat. 

It's fallen to me to do it all, man, as the chief worker from home. Just another reason for schools not to have reopened. 

Pubs and restaurants barred from selling alcohol indoors for two weeks in most of Scotland. Pubs & restaurants in 5 areas must shut for all but takeaways. I wonder if Boris will follow their lead 

Edited by trooper

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

Pubs and restaurants barred from selling alcohol indoors for two weeks in most of Scotland. Pubs & restaurants in 5 areas must shut for all but takeaways. I wonder if Boris will follow their lead 

£40 million being made available, not sure how that will be dished out mind.