Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I've never been to Eskdale or Wasdale if I'm honest., always wanted to though. They're a bit further out and theres a lot less accommodation, I think? I'm in Keswick this week (rented flat) which has excellent links to all the areas in the lakes except those you mention, and Ennerdale I guess. Ultimately the lakes is the biggest national park but still quite small. I dont think solitude is possible here any more. Saying that Scotland was also rammed for us in August. The country's just not big enough for us all to holiday here imo. 

Just now, Renton said:

I've never been to Eskdale or Wasdale if I'm honest., always wanted to though. They're a bit further out and theres a lot less accommodation, I think? I'm in Keswick this week (rented flat) which has excellent links to all the areas in the lakes except those you mention, and Ennerdale I guess. Ultimately the lakes is the biggest national park but still quite small. I dont think solitude is possible here any more. Saying that Scotland was also rammed for us in August. The country's just not big enough for us all to holiday here imo. 

I’ll send you the link to the place I stayed at. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ewerk said:

So how are we doing compared to other countries across Europe? AFAIA no country has gone into a second lockdown. Is it not necessary in other countries or is everyone waiting for someone to go first?

And with that the Republic goes back into lockdown.

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I'm in the lakes at the moment. Honestly, covid has ruined it. The place is bursting at the seams with mancs, scousers, and yes, geordies. I'll be amazed if the infection rate doesn't pick up here. Walks i used to do which were dead at this time of year are packed now. I know I'm part of the problem but the lakes is not what it once was. Can't even find anywhere quiet to have a piss nowadays. 

Renton?

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Fuck me this place is getting old - B&B places in the Lakes <_<

Self catering, hactually. I don’t like to mix with the proletariat 

• Haha 1

With Wales & now N.I. going into Lockdown. We just need Little Jimmy Krankie to lock Scotland down. Then see if Boris follows them all.

Edited by trooper

12 minutes ago, trooper said:

With Wales & now N.I. going into Lockdown. We just need Little Jimmy Krankie to lock Scotland down. Then see if Boris follows them all.

We're not in lockdown, mate. That's the Republic of Ireland. And even then there's massive gaps in the rules that mean it isn't a full lockdown.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We're not in lockdown, mate. That's the Republic of Ireland. And even then there's massive gaps in the rules that mean it isn't a full lockdown.

Sorry about that but the point I'm trying to make is Boris wont make a move until everyone else has. He was the same back in March arseing about deciding what to do with infections & deaths rising on a daily basis. 

5 minutes ago, trooper said:

Sorry about that but the point I'm trying to make is Boris wont make a move until everyone else has. He was the same back in March arseing about deciding what to do with infections & deaths rising on a daily basis. 

I agree completely, he left it far too late last time and he's going to do the same again. We'd be in lockdown in NI weeks ago but the treasury won't offer the money needed to do it.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i doubt we will see a return to anything like the lockdown we had in march as long as the NHS has spare capacity and the death rate remains in the low hundreds

With the way infections are rising Whitty & Valance's projections aren't going to be that to far out.  

4 minutes ago, trooper said:

With the way infections are rising Whitty & Valance's projections aren't going to be that to far out.  

the death rate really isn't rising anything like it did in the first wave. the nhs has capacity. what we know is the tories will keep as much of the economy open as they can as long as that remains the case

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the death rate really isn't rising anything like it did in the first wave. the nhs has capacity. what we know is the tories will keep as much of the economy open as they can as long as that remains the case

I agree mate but we have to remember there's approximately a 3 week delay between new infections & hospital admissions. Currently we are nearly at 20,000 new infections a day. With no sign of the numbers really  decreasing 

The earth must have so much debt now we'll never pay it back, can we not just move everything to Mars and start again, like when they moved Springfield in the Simpsons because it was a shithole