Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Does the Magna Carta have provisions in it for pandemics? :lol:

This is all presumably coming from this bullshit notion that the Magna Carta is a serviceable substitute for an actual constitution.

43rd Clause…

“ Should fowle humours from the Eastern barbarians befall this Lande, none shall be strycken to be confyn’d within their hovels, neither king, merchant nor barber-surgeon” *

* and my arse is purple velvet. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Does the Magna Carta have provisions in it for pandemics? :lol:

This is all presumably coming from this bullshit notion that the Magna Carta is a serviceable substitute for an actual constitution.

The clause the stupid cunts are using only applies to 25 named barons. That document has fuck all to do with "the people". 

How do you go from national lockdown to Christmas family parties across the country in less than a month? He’s so desperate to be liked, to be seen to save Christmas. It’s so inconsistent, it’s no wonder so many people have stopped paying attention to the rules. 

And does anyone even give a fuck about seeing family this year? I was looking forward to having an excuse not to.

• Haha 3

The in-laws phoned immediately after the announcement to basically say "aye, fuck that shit, we'll see you in the summer". I'm delighted. :D

(His stepdad has COPD so we weren't planning on going this year anyway, but we wanted them to come to that conclusion themselves rather than having to be the ones to break the news...) 

So, Christmas in London for the first time ever, and indeed making Christmas dinner myself for the first time ever. Veg that isn't overcooked? A decent cheeseboard? Bring it. :boogie:    

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Meenzer said:

The in-laws phoned immediately after the announcement to basically say "aye, fuck that shit, we'll see you in the summer". I'm delighted. :D

(His stepdad has COPD so we weren't planning on going this year anyway, but we wanted them to come to that conclusion themselves rather than having to be the ones to break the news...) 

So, Christmas in London for the first time ever, and indeed making Christmas dinner myself for the first time ever. Veg that isn't overcooked? A decent cheeseboard? Bring it. :boogie:    

Similar situation, my old man is vulnerable at the moment and my brother is constantly. 

I am quite looking forward to a Christmas just me and our lass, no dry turkey, no driving, choose what we want to watch, kip on my own sofa. Will be nice.

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Having to choose your three favourite households to bubble with this Christmas definitely isn’t going to cause any family consternation 

My MIL doesn't understand the concept the bubbles have to be mutually exclusive. My family is bubbled with my parents who live next door and I am a de facto carer for. She is still seeing her grandson she brought up, who lives with a girlfriend who sees her own family. And God knows how many people they are seeing. Therefore we can't bubble with them.

I'm still in two minds what to do about Xmas Dinner with my own family mind. It is insanely high risk. When I see them now I socially distance and wear a mask, constant hand sanitising. Fact is though if one person has covid asymptomatically at a Christmas dinner you're all getting it. In my family's case people will probably die. But what to do when it's probably your last Xmas together as a family anyway? 

39 minutes ago, Renton said:

My MIL doesn't understand the concept the bubbles have to be mutually exclusive. My family is bubbled with my parents who live next door and I am a de facto carer for. She is still seeing her grandson she brought up, who lives with a girlfriend who sees her own family. And God knows how many people they are seeing. Therefore we can't bubble with them.

I'm still in two minds what to do about Xmas Dinner with my own family mind. It is insanely high risk. When I see them now I socially distance and wear a mask, constant hand sanitising. Fact is though if one person has covid asymptomatically at a Christmas dinner you're all getting it. In my family's case people will probably die. But what to do when it's probably your last Xmas together as a family anyway? 

It’s an awful choice to have to make.

Both my parents are in their 70s and we’d need to get a flight or long train to go and see them. Airports and train stations will be chaos between the 23rd-27th so we don’t want to pick something up en route. We’ve decided to postpone until February in the hope that they will have been vaccinated by then.

• Like 1

I know it's easy to say for someone who doesn't do family xmases any more but waiting a few more months - maybe one of the may bank holidays rather than Easter will be fine - doesn't seem too much to ask. 

I realise some get togethers are "urgent" but still. 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 2