Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Renton said:

My MIL doesn't understand the concept the bubbles have to be mutually exclusive. My family is bubbled with my parents who live next door and I am a de facto carer for. She is still seeing her grandson she brought up, who lives with a girlfriend who sees her own family. And God knows how many people they are seeing. Therefore we can't bubble with them.

I'm still in two minds what to do about Xmas Dinner with my own family mind. It is insanely high risk. When I see them now I socially distance and wear a mask, constant hand sanitising. Fact is though if one person has covid asymptomatically at a Christmas dinner you're all getting it. In my family's case people will probably die. But what to do when it's probably your last Xmas together as a family anyway? 

Shit man, sorry to hear that. Not an easy choice to make 

1 hour ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Airports and train stations will be chaos between the 23rd-27th so we don’t want to pick something up en route.

Aye, getting this from LNER:

XGxKzq.jpg

...played a part in our reluctance too. Timing. :lol: 

Is it not still the case though that the economy can and should bounce back from this to pre-2020 levels? This is a sort of controlled/managed drop rather than a complete structural collapse like 2008. In 2008 there was no immediately obvious way to turn the lights back on, this time it should be a case simply of lifting lockdown.

Of course, whether Brexit permits any of that to happen is something else entirely.

There will be a bounce back towards the end of the first quarter. I wouldn’t expect it to be back to 2019 levels immediately but it will be nowhere near as bad as the last crash and neither Johnson nor Sunak have any desire to implement deep austerity.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There will be a bounce back towards the end of the first quarter. I wouldn’t expect it to be back to 2019 levels immediately but it will be nowhere near as bad as the last crash and neither Johnson nor Sunak have any desire to implement deep austerity.

It's a different type of crash but it is much deeper than anything in a lifetime. Thousands of businesses won't survive, it is much worse than 2008 according to pretty much every economist. Add Brexit on top and it is a complete catastrophe. 

As for not implementing austerity, wtaf? He literally just announced this to the public sector today. Austerity is the only thing these cunts know, it serves them well. 

In 2008 we had none of the business support we have had this time round. Some businesses won’t survive but again not on the same scale as 2008.

And I said deep austerity. The two pricks in Downing Street want to be popular. They aren’t Cameron and Osborne and there’s no appetite for austerity from the public.

Not sure what your definition of deep austerity is but I think we are getting austerity like never before personally. On a US type scale. And of course this is happening at a time when services are already cut to the bone. 

Scotland leaving and boundary changes will ensure the red wall is no longer needed, the suckers.   

There's a plan to visit the sister-in-law and her fucking arsehole of a boyfriend for Christmas. 

I'm still praying for a spike in the ol 'Rona to avoid it.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Renton said:

Not sure what your definition of deep austerity is but I think we are getting austerity like never before personally. On a US type scale. And of course this is happening at a time when services are already cut to the bone. 

Scotland leaving and boundary changes will ensure the red wall is no longer needed, the suckers.   

stealth austerity is a phrase we're going to be hearing a lot of. ewerk is right, johnson doesn't want to be seen as the baddie. he wants to spend his way out of this. but austerity is coming, even if the PM fails to own it in quite the same way as cameron and osborne did. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Mad how places with a higher infection rate, THAT JUST HAPPEN TO BE IN THE SOUTH, are in a lower tier.

We're on 148/100k down here in Bournemouth, Poole & Christchurch...heres sitting tory wankstain, safe with his fuckin knighthood for voting through every single piece of cuntish legislation for at least a decade...

Edited by PaddockLad

You can imagine what town will be like in tier 3. All non-essential shops being allowed to open in the run up to Xmas. They’ll be fucking heaving because people will have nothing else to do. It’s ridiculous 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Higher cases in London and rising.

Lower cases in the North East and falling.

Went into Lockdown from Tier 2 and came out in Tier 3.

Self serving fucking cunts couldn't give a fuck about the North. 

I think the whole strategy from the get go has been focussed around London