Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Hancock, possibly still devastated at the loss of his step grandfather, completely incapable of defining what a substantial meal is (live on GMTV) 

So we have approved this vaccine ahead of even Trump...

Factors in the decision presumably including:

1 - Brexit is imminent and the country won't survive the twin crisis.

2 - It can be painted as some kind of crazy success story.

3 - The government is tired of dealing with this and wants it to go away so that their primary policy goal of shameless corruption can be pursued with less scrutiny.

4 - What could possible go wrong anyway

5 - Common sense, another victory for.

This government is not competent enough to be trusted in taking a leading role on this.

• Like 2

is it wrong to be excited about the vaccine? to think we might actually get a grip on this thing sooner rather than later? that 2021 might be alright after all? 

our government are bound to fuck it up, aren't they? 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

is it wrong to be excited about the vaccine? to think we might actually get a grip on this thing sooner rather than later? that 2021 might be alright after all? 

our government are bound to fuck it up, aren't they? 

With January 1st, 2021 as Day 1 of our new post-EU reality, I think we can safely say that 2021 will not be alright after all.

Ok so the MHRA has approved it which might be more reassuring than just the government coming out and announcing it. Are they 'independent' in the same way that the EHRC has been shown to be 'independent' or are they actually credible?

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Is anybody dubious about taking any of the proposed vaccines? :unsure:

Honestly, I doubt many with even basic qualifications or understanding of molecular biology would be concerned by the new mRNA vaccines, which includes the Pfizer one. They are very clean without the adjuvants that caused safety issues in other vaccines. 2 month safety data is adequate. Given the risk benefit ratio of preventing this disease, this is an absolute no brainer and I am surprised the EMA and FDA haven't expedited their approval too. They will, but lives will be lost in the mean time.

I'm hoping to be vaccinated before the New Year and I have no concerns at all. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ok so the MHRA has approved it which might be more reassuring than just the government coming out and announcing it. Are they 'independent' in the same way that the EHRC has been shown to be 'independent' or are they actually credible?

The MHRA is the UK's regulatory body on medicines and medical devices, fully independent and staffed by scientists and medics. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Honestly, I doubt many with even basic qualifications or understanding of molecular biology would be concerned by the new mRNA vaccines, which includes the Pfizer one. They are very clean without the adjuvants that caused safety issues in other vaccines. 2 month safety data is adequate. Given the risk benefit ratio of preventing this disease, this is an absolute no brainer and I am surprised the EMA and FDA haven't expedited their approval too. They will, but lives will be lost in the mean time.

I'm hoping to be vaccinated before the New Year and I have no concerns at all. 

Thanks for this, feel a bit better about it now. It's just hard to trust this government in any sense whatsoever.

Edited by Rayvin

19 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Is anybody dubious about taking any of the proposed vaccines? :unsure:

I'd like to see the Oxford one firm up the 90% success figure with the dosing regime change. 

I might sneak into the Pfizer run as a fat over 55 with asthma.