Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I mean, what do these nutters think will happen to the ECONOMY if we let rip and let 10% of the population get seriously ill in a short time frame. The idiot actually said lockdown hasn't worked. His solution? Get rid of lockdown altogether and let people make their own choices. Whilst at the same time he was twisting about mask wearing. This is an MP from what's supposed to be a mainstream party ffs. 

In the same way as not going to the relatives for Christmas has been an easier sell now that we know the most vulnerable parts of the population will be vaccinated by the time the number of cases naturally falls in the spring/summer anyway, so we can make up for it then, it is doubly insane to be talking about letting the virus tear through the country right as we're on the cusp of actually getting some kind of control over it. We've come this far, surely giving up now would be the worst of both worlds?

22 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

In the same way as not going to the relatives for Christmas has been an easier sell now that we know the most vulnerable parts of the population will be vaccinated by the time the number of cases naturally falls in the spring/summer anyway, so we can make up for it then, it is doubly insane to be talking about letting the virus tear through the country right as we're on the cusp of actually getting some kind of control over it. We've come this far, surely giving up now would be the worst of both worlds?

Quite, Snow made that exact point. Swayne ain't for waiting though. Stupid thing is he's ancient and would probably peg it if he caught it. 

Prime Minister Boris Johnson and England's Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty will hold a news conference this afternoon.

It comes after the four nations agreed to go ahead with the relaxation of rules over Christmas, but to issue stricter guidelines to the public.

Boris "So make sure you wash your hands (he probably doesn't) wear a mask ( like I didnt in Blyth) keep 2 metres apart ( like i didnt in Blyth) So remember hands, face, space. Do as I tell you not as I do" 

So The British Medical Journal and Health Service Journal joined forces to issue the warning about the Christmas bubbles only the 2nd time in a 100 years & Boris & his "rugger chums" have decided to ignore them. Thanks Boris at least you saved christmas you mumbling bumbling fool.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's like legalising class a drugs for the holidays, while stressing that if you take them, you might kill yourself. 

Sounds good.

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

My step brother is a doctor and works in a hospital in Cardiff which is at breaking point, full of covid patients 

Hospitalisation for covid is likely to be higher at Christmas compared with the peak of spring, over 19,000.

Where's @Gemmill btw? Getting a bit concerned for him and @wykikitoon

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's like legalising class a drugs for the holidays, while stressing that if you take them, you might kill yourself. 

It’s nowhere near as good as that 

Edited by Alex

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9043583/NHS-data-suggests-hospitals-England-December.html

Stories like this really fuck me off and only serve to wind up the Facebook scamdemic idiots.

"The rumour is..." one local hospital is just shy of 50% of all inpatients being COVID positive. Anyone who isn't knocking on deaths door is being kicked out of hospital to manage the numbers coming in and poorly people are getting discharged when they shouldn't be. Staff are getting regularly referred to psychiatry, emotionally wrecked because they're having to wrap 6 dead bodies a day for the morgue when they usually work in outpatients or on kids wards.

Hospital is a fucking horrible place to be at the minute and it's only going to get worse after the 5 day Xmas "break"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9043583/NHS-data-suggests-hospitals-England-December.html

Stories like this really fuck me off and only serve to wind up the Facebook scamdemic idiots.

"The rumour is..." one local hospital is just shy of 50% of all inpatients being COVID positive. Anyone who isn't knocking on deaths door is being kicked out of hospital to manage the numbers coming in and poorly people are getting discharged when they shouldn't be. Staff are getting regularly referred to psychiatry, emotionally wrecked because they're having to wrap 6 dead bodies a day for the morgue when they usually work in outpatients or on kids wards.

Hospital is a fucking horrible place to be at the minute and it's only going to get worse after the 5 day Xmas "break"

Fucks me off anyone even reads that appalling excuse for a newspaper. Give them a shift on a covid ward and see how real they think it is. Tell them PPE is optional and see what they do. Fucking cunts 

• Like 1

I know it's hardly an original observation but a huge chunk of everything that's wrong with this country can be directly traced back to the Mail and the Sun (and to a lesser extent the Express, though they're nowhere near as important as they wish they were). I find it remarkable how we're so willing to let them and their owners gaslight us over and over again.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I know it's hardly an original observation but a huge chunk of everything that's wrong with this country can be directly traced back to the Mail and the Sun (and to a lesser extent the Express, though they're nowhere near as important as they wish they were). I find it remarkable how we're so willing to let them and their owners gaslight us over and over again.

And not just the UK. Yes the States has always had its share of whackos but Murdoch's media there has driven the centre to the right and the right wing crazies to full on nut jobs.

It's the same here.

Even Rupert's youngest has now told him to fuck off because he knows his father's media is driving climate change denial.

But don't worry, I see the UK has given the world's biggest cunt the plague vaccine!

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/dec/18/rupert-murdoch-receives-dose-of-covid-vaccine-in-uk

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sammynb said:

And not just the UK. Yes the States has always had its share of whackos but Murdoch's media there has driven the centre to the right and the right wing crazies to full on nut jobs.

It's the same here.

Even Rupert's youngest has now told him to fuck off because he knows his father's media is driving climate change denial.

But don't worry, I see the UK has given the world's biggest cunt the plague vaccine!

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/dec/18/rupert-murdoch-receives-dose-of-covid-vaccine-in-uk

Murdoch urged people to get the vaccine, saying: “I would like to thank the keyworkers and the NHS staff who have worked so hard throughout the pandemic, and the amazing scientists who have made this vaccine possible. I strongly encourage people around the world to get the vaccine as it becomes available.”

Meanwhile, on Murdoch’s flagship US news show...

One of his sons should put the fuckin old cunt out if his misery this Christmas...