Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Wykiki has deleted his twitter...this was after his dad died due to delayed treatment for a heart complaint?... @Ant do data laws allow you to email him?...

Fuck. 
 Send him my sympathy. 
Doesn’t matter how old you are, losing your old man hits you hard. 
Totally understand him taking a timeout from online shite. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Just take some festive advice from our upside down cousins.

Fuck some of my country people are fucking morons.

Sydney is currently having an outbreak of something similar to the Covid-2 you guys are suffering.

Our numbers are nothing compare to what the UK is suffering but the problem is it is summer and Christmas and people are fucking idiots so the all the unknowns that have been in contact with the 60 known cases (we were down to no community spread cases for the last few weeks) will be off spreading it over Christmas lunch and shopping, etc, etc.

And how did happen? Because an American Airline staff member decided they didn't need to isolate when staying in Sydney - cunt.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Wykiki has deleted his twitter...this was after his dad died due to delayed treatment for a heart complaint?... @Ant do data laws allow you to email him?...

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope he eventually comes back on here at some point, he's a canny lad.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I didn't know what that graph was saying for a moment and was fully terrified by this comment :lol:

:D Mind, us being SNP a couple of months ago would have been even more of a surprise.

• Haha 3

Notified this morning that I've tested positive for Covid  19 despite only having the symptoms of a common cold :boogie:

No dry cough

No high temp

Did have loss of taste/smell...this is complicated though, due to my chronic athsma & allergy issues my sinuses block at the drop of a hat and there was no real reason why it wasn't due to these issues as its happened dozens of times since the pandemic started. 

Got a txt Tuesday  from a mate I'd seen on Sun 13th to say that he'd tested positive.  

So my 10 days are up tomorrow...pity about the half dozen or so NHS sites I visited since infection though. This morning  I've filled out all the addresses in test & trace and emailed my boss too. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Notified this morning that I've tested positive for Covid  19 despite only having the symptoms of a common cold :boogie:

No dry cough

No high temp

Did have loss of taste/smell...this is complicated though, due to my chronic athsma & allergy issues my sinuses block at the drop of a hat and there was no real reason why it wasn't due to these issues as its happened dozens of times since the pandemic started. 

Got a txt Tuesday  from a mate I'd seen on Sun 13th to say that he'd tested positive.  

So my 10 days are up tomorrow...pity about the half dozen or so NHS sites I visited since infection though. This morning  I've filled out all the addresses in test & trace and emailed my boss too. 

Was the alcohol a barrier to the worse side effects? :good:

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

No dry cough

No high temp

Fingers crossed that’s all you get buddy 

• Like 2

If the Oxford one is that good and they can roll it out reasonably competently (big if I know) I hope we'll see almost zero deaths by Easter and a degree of normality by the early summer. 

I think we have to hold on to that level of hope in the dark weeks ahead. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Hope you’re well @PaddockLad

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Glad you've had a mild dose, PL. I cannot wait for this thing to fuck off, what a prize cunt it's been. 

Cheers folks, only symptoms hanging around as I emerge from 10 day isolation appear to be afternoon fatigue and several cold sores which have prevented me shaving for over a week for the first time in my life ... I look like Kenny fuckin Rogers :glare:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Cheers folks, only symptoms hanging around as I emerge from 10 day isolation appear to be afternoon fatigue and several cold sores which have prevented me shaving for over a week for the first time in my life ... I look like Kenny fuckin Rogers :glare:

Covid has given you herpes? 

Righto you dirty cunt! Shameless. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, NJS said:

If the Oxford one is that good and they can roll it out reasonably competently (big if I know) I hope we'll see almost zero deaths by Easter and a degree of normality by the early summer. 

I think we have to hold on to that level of hope in the dark weeks ahead. 

Not to be the harbinger of doom but they will be lucky to have half the population vaccinated by 12months time I reckon. 

I read this morning that America has had almost as many Covid deaths this month as the UK has had in total. That's mental