Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Eh? If we can give 15,000,000 people in England the flu vaccine within a few months then why would you expect the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine to be worse? Assuming the Oxford vaccine gets approval.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Eh? If we can give 15,000,000 people in England the flu vaccine within a few months then why would you expect the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine to be worse? Assuming the Oxford vaccine gets approval.

Half of adults in the uk is 26 million. I think that number would include all those at highest risk & nhs/social care staff. Not sure why there’s any reason to be downcast about these numbers. 

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Because the flu vaccine doesn't get delivered in batches of 1000 that need to be used within 4 days of opening and frozen at -70c. It's a logistical nightmare. 

And because this is the UK government organising it. 

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Half of adults in the uk is 26 million. I think that number would include all those at highest risk & nhs/social care staff. Not sure why there’s any reason to be downcast about these numbers. 

I'm not downcast, just suggesting that things won't be anywhere near normal by the Summer time. It's all progress and there is an end in sight though 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Because the flu vaccine doesn't get delivered in batches of 1000 that need to be used within 4 days of opening and frozen at -70c. It's a logistical nightmare. 

And because this is the UK government organising it. 

That’s my point on the Oxford vaccine. It doesn’t need to be stored in such extreme conditions.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That’s my point on the Oxford vaccine. It doesn’t need to be stored in such extreme conditions.

Still question marks over how quickly it can be produced and how many doses will be sold overseas but fingers crossed we can get enough supply sorted to keep up with demand.

Im disappointed we aren't introducing a vaccine passport to get back into pubs etc. There's a big chunk of divvies in this country who are going to refuse the vaccine and make it a longer process getting out of this mess than it needs to be 

42 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Still question marks over how quickly it can be produced and how many doses will be sold overseas but fingers crossed we can get enough supply sorted to keep up with demand.

Im disappointed we aren't introducing a vaccine passport to get back into pubs etc. There's a big chunk of divvies in this country who are going to refuse the vaccine and make it a longer process getting out of this mess than it needs to be 

40m Oxford doses due by end of march I think. 

I read there's a single dose one (Novovax?) which is hopeful of approval by the end of January. I'd be happy to use the army to roam the streets jabbing refuseniks - stupidity has too much power at the moment and it's about time that ended. 

• Like 2

At the very least, if the argument is that schools need to be kept open for the rest of the economy to bump along to some extent, teachers and other school staff need to be getting vaccinated with the same urgency as if they were front-line NHS workers. I know transmission is taking place among the kids as much as anything else, but you can't be expecting people to work unprotected in what we know to be a Covid hotbed.

• Like 3

Must be going against their own guidance on COVID secure workplaces by keeping schools open at this point like?

Following government guidance we (or the office plebs anyway) have to limit attendances to offices, separate workstations, wear masks while moving around, sanitise everything regularly and so on.

Meanwhile school teachers have to deal with dirty children and carry on as normal?

Projectile vomited during my Covid test tonight so that was nice. 

Just as that swab touched my toncils. Chunks of scran in my beard.

They made me do another one :lol: 

• Haha 4

For fuck's sake.

THE FIGURES ARE AS "LOW" AS THEY ARE BECAUSE OF THE MEASURES TAKEN, THEY'RE NOT A REASON TO STOP TAKING THE MEASURES

How fucking thick do you have to be to not get this

• Like 3