Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

TBF there’s a difference between going to Home Bargains for a new Live, Laugh, Love sign for the front room and getting essential stuff sorted for your new house. But don’t dare try to fool any of us that you have a clue about DIY.

• Haha 1

On 31/12/2020 at 23:41, Monkeys Fist said:

I had to go B&Q yesterday for a new seat for the Thunderbox. 

It’s a soft-release one. :lol:

I shit thee not. 

Get on a veggie diet and every single one is a soft release.

Like caressing a turd of silk down to a watery grave.

• Haha 3

So schools are apparently safe, apart from if you ask SAGE, who say they aren’t. Marr can’t seem to summon the will to challenge Johnson, which is par for the course...Johnson can’t give out figures for those who have received the vaccine either....

• Jaysus... 1

The bairns primary school has just announced it is going against government guidance and closing to all but key worker children. They've also decided to shut tomorrow completely until they can decide how it's going to work, giving me 1/2 a day to find childcare tomorrow. If all the primary schools go this route then the government is going to have a choice to make ....

It feels like we are in similar territory to the USA where the government has been so poor, for so long it's just met with a shrug of the shoulders and an eye roll when stuff like this happens. Previous governments have been voted out of power for lesser fuck ups than this 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 5

Feels like they are delaying the inevitable at this rate having watched Johnson on Marr earlier - just as they did during the first wave. Reactive dithering instead of taking decisive action. I don’t envy any word leader trying to get the timing right on calling a national lockdown but few have called it as poorly as our lot. Johnson said stronger measures will be needed. Why not take them now if that’s the case? 

• Like 1

Aye, that would fit their M.O. - rather than give the schools and parents time to organise their shit, they’ll leave it until the very last minute, and then issue half-arsed instructions anyway. 
As KD said earlier, previous governments have been fucking crucified over far less serious fuck-ups than this Old School Ties club. 

Johnson is that much of a narcissist he just won't do anything he thinks is unpopular until there's no other choice. 

Thing is they must know there's large scale support for stricter measures so it must be the tory lockdown wingnuts he's scared of upsetting. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Feels like they are delaying the inevitable at this rate having watched Johnson on Marr earlier - just as they did during the first wave. Reactive dithering instead of taking decisive action. I don’t envy any word leader trying to get the timing right on calling a national lockdown but few have called it as poorly as our lot. Johnson said stronger measures will be needed. Why not take them now if that’s the case? 

Was the worst Johnson interview I've seen, and that's saying something. He appeared off his tits and wasn't making sense. By the end of it, when he claimed we can all benefit from the freedom Brexit has given us, when in fact he's literally taken away mine and my family's freedom, I just had one thought. That was, I wish coronavirus had killed you, you cunt. Too harsh? I have never hated a person more than this idiot who is destroying the country. Call me a patriot. 

• Like 1

Aye, it was pretty much gibberish and he just waffled on when Marr tried to get a question in. 

‘What can we do now that we couldn’t do before Brexit?’

’Err, freeports’

’But the EU already have them?’

’But ours will be better’

’So what else?’

‘Well we stopped pulse fishing’

’France are doing that too’

’But we’re doing it faster’

Marr’s next question should have been ‘but if Brexit is so good then why are you having to make these things up?’ But of course it wasn’t.

Johnson gibbered over Marr as usual but I sensed Marr was pissed with him. Marr's final comment was intriguing, the Implication was Marr supports Scottish independence. Wheels are now in motion that can't be stopped imo, this idiot will split the union in three. 

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

So schools are apparently safe, apart from if you ask SAGE, who say they aren’t. Marr can’t seem to summon the will to challenge Johnson, which is par for the course...Johnson can’t give out figures for those who have received the vaccine either....

I fucking hate Marr

• Like 1

Which side of all of this is Starmer on btw? He's been pretty firmly pro-return to school so far.

This makes me nervous, because if both Johnson and Starmer are on relatively the same footing, could it be that they're right?