Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

london does get special treatment. there's no question about it, and it must be annoying for the rest of the country, but it does feel like the case for national lockdown is pretty convincing now. 

Boris should be on the telly tonight announcing a hard lockdown. I'm not sure what hes waiting for. He's probably waiting to see what the other home nations do first. He should be leading the way. The blokes a fucking danger. 

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

It's funny ain't it, useless Blonde Cunt is PM with his band of arseholes and still folks take the piss out of someone who has shown some actual leadership

Hear this a lot. Don't see any great substance in the woman but she is a good communicator. If by leadership you mean doing things a week earlier than the rest of the UK am not sure if she's produced better results?

Just as I posted...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jan/04/scotland-to-go-into-full-lockdown-at-midnight-sturgeon-announces?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Edited by PaddockLad

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

london does get special treatment. there's no question about it, and it must be annoying for the rest of the country, but it does feel like the case for national lockdown is pretty convincing now. 

Maybe. But there's areas of the North that have endured months of lockdown already, which even currently have incidence levels less than when London was open. Some never even really got out of the first lockdown!

Or put it this way, if the incidence levels were reversed so T&W had levels of over 1000 per M, and London had 150 per M, would there be a national lockdown then? No, there wouldn't, we know this from direct precedence. And yet if aondon and the SE had locked down when we did, we wouldn't be in this mess now, maybe the fucking mutation wouldn't even have happened.

So I'm agreeing with you but don't underestimate the depth of anger here and what that might do to compliance. You southern cunt. ;)

Edited by Renton

Sturgeon announces new 'stay at home' restrictions

The Scottish government has decided to introduce from tonight “a legal requirement to stay at home except for essential reasons” First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Maybe. But there's areas of the North that have endured months of lockdown already, which even currently have incidence levels less than when London was open. Dome never even really got out of the first lockdown!

Or put it this way, if the incidence levels were reversed so T&W had levels of over 1000 per M, and London had 150 per M, would there be a national lockdown then? No, there wouldn't, we know this from direct precedence. And yet if aondon and the SE had locked down when we did, we wouldn't be in this mess now, maybe the fucking mutation wouldn't even have happened.

So I'm agreeing with you but don't underestimate the depth of anger here and what that might do to compliance. You southern cunt. ;)

it must be galling, i agree. it's all about the money with these cunts. they want to keep the london economy going for as long as they can get away with it. 

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

Sturgeon announces new 'stay at home' restrictions

The Scottish government has decided to introduce from tonight “a legal requirement to stay at home except for essential reasons” First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says.

pointed comments from her, calling lockdown saying they're four weeks behind london and the south east

The “fundamental advice for everyone is to stay at home” and it will become law, she says, like it was during the lockdown in March. People will only be allowed to leave for essential reasons

22 minutes ago, trooper said:

Ireland & wales next & Boris will do the same in a few days time the tosser 

We've got the DUP who are very much anti-lockdown so I don't expect us to do it before England.

Just now, Meenzer said:

Like, almost immediately after insisting that schools are safe and parents should happily send their kids in? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"it's become clear since I said schools were safe 24 hours ago that they are in fact not safe at all". 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Hear this a lot. Don't see any great substance in the woman but she is a good communicator. If by leadership you mean doing things a week earlier than the rest of the UK am not sure if she's produced better results?

Just as I posted...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jan/04/scotland-to-go-into-full-lockdown-at-midnight-sturgeon-announces?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Going back to March, clear communication and explicit published information on the rules (no 3 word bullshit guidelines), based on my experiences when I managed to get up there, observance of said rules and organisiation in shops etc. was so much better than down here, given the constraints of being tied to Westminster in many things, I reckon they've done as well as they could, if she'd had the power she'd have shut to border way back for all non-essential traffic/travel, as they should have. IMO of course.

• Like 1