Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s a combination of mixed messages from government and personal responsibility. Just like the 10 months prior to Xmas 

This, basically. In my friends case, his wife wanted to see her relatives. If this was illegal, he could have put his foot down and said no, but as it wasn't, he was probably facing being nagged/sulked to death if he declined. I was going to see my folks anyway, but had a fair amount of confidence both parties had been isolated for the preceding week. 

19 hours ago, Alex said:

We could do with a bit of the blitz spirit. By that I mean people going round enforcing the rules. Not cunts still wearing poppies come the spring and moaning because they haven’t been to Tenerife for two months 

Blitz spirit = record levels of crime, looting, rape and the black market (it'll happen soon enough)

I notice there's quite a bit of reporting on twitter this morning about GP surgeries cancelling en masse the vaccinations they have scheduled because of supply problems. Barely two days since they told us the vaccine was the key to getting out of this lockdown, and it's all going tits up. 

There was a stat I saw the other day about vaccinations per capita and we are some way short of the US, yet all the narrative over there is about a botched rollout, while everyone here seems to believe ours is going pretty well. 

We are fucking this up as surely as we have fucked up everything else in the past year. 

• Like 1

I read an article yesterday saying the Centre for Life was going to be used as a centre for Mass Inoculation. 

“Mass” - not sure how the logistics of this will work re. parking/public transport, and having fuck loads of people in one small area during a pandemic :lol:

Far be it from me to doubt their vast experience but wouldn’t it be easier to have more, smaller vaccination centres around local areas rather than huge ones. Granted, if they hadn’t slashed and burned the NHS for a decade, they’d have more people qualified and trained to vaccinate people but still. 

Or even the Vaccine Mobile. It can come round your estate like an ice cream man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Far be it from me to doubt their vast experience but wouldn’t it be easier to have more, smaller vaccination centres around local areas rather than huge ones. Granted, if they hadn’t slashed and burned the NHS for a decade, they’d have more people qualified and trained to vaccinate people but still. 

Or even the Vaccine Mobile. It can come round your estate like an ice cream man.

Pharmacies give the flu jab and evidently they offered to do same for Covid (via whatever association the have) and have had in response .............. tumbleweed

Can't have anything getting in the way of tory mates and their logistical prowess earning a crust

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Pharmacies give the flu jab and evidently they offered to do same for Covid (via whatever association the have) and have had in response .............. tumbleweed

Can't have anything getting in the way of tory mates and their logistical prowess earning a crust

Didn’t even think about how what I had described was basically just pharmacies :lol: It’s been a long week at work, let me off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Blitz spirit = record levels of crime, looting, rape and the black market (it'll happen soon enough)

I was aware of that actually. Which makes it even more pathetic when you think about it. People who didn’t live through it being nostalgic for something that was propaganda anyway 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I notice there's quite a bit of reporting on twitter this morning about GP surgeries cancelling en masse the vaccinations they have scheduled because of supply problems. Barely two days since they told us the vaccine was the key to getting out of this lockdown, and it's all going tits up. 

There was a stat I saw the other day about vaccinations per capita and we are some way short of the US, yet all the narrative over there is about a botched rollout, while everyone here seems to believe ours is going pretty well. 

We are fucking this up as surely as we have fucked up everything else in the past year. 

They haven’t had long to prepare though 🙄

5 hours ago, Meenzer said:

That tweet inevitably has the usual barrage of reply guys saying "iT's ONly beCAuSE wE Test MorE", as if other places being fucked too makes it perfectly okay that we are.

Aye that testing and tracing system as have in place is another thing we lead the world in. Makes you wonder if these are real people 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

They haven’t had long to prepare though 🙄

It's mental. Cunto has just been asked about it now in the press conference. Not that there's any point in any of these Q&A things. 

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

They can stick the new ‘clap for heroes’ up their arse as well. 

Not a hint of anyone taking part in it around here, for what it's worth, and we went relatively big for the original one (in a "decent amount of sound reverberating around the new builds near the station" way, not a "middle-class cunts doing the fucking conga and pretending they like their neighbours" way).

23 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Not a hint of anyone taking part in it around here, for what it's worth, and we went relatively big for the original one (in a "decent amount of sound reverberating around the new builds near the station" way, not a "middle-class cunts doing the fucking conga and pretending they like their neighbours" way).

Same here, in both cases. I just saw it on the news and heard it was meant to be 8 o’clock tonight.