Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

What concerns me (doomsday scenario) given the virus is rampant in this country (thanks inept Gov't) it is way more likely to keep generating mutations, if one comes along that is resistant, (and there is an E strain - can't recall the numbers that follow E - that it's not known yet if it is vaccine resistant or not.) rest of world would be well advised to shut us off until it was eradicated - easily done as we are an island after all - but there seems zero eradication policy in sight.

Single shot vaccinations are more likely to produce mutations I heard so this is a real concern. If any government is capable of pulling off a Doomsday scenario, ours are. 🇬🇧 ☄️ 🔥

• Like 1

From a a lad at work:

"found out yesterday that my cousin was fuming at her ex-husband recently, apparently he felt ill with coronavirus symptoms just before xmas but he still went to his parents for xmas and his new wife's parents (who have illnesses) for boxing-day... subsequently his father-in-law has now died and his mother-in-law is in hospital... when he found out he was tested positive he said to his son (also my cousin's son) that he'd pop round the next day to see him... my cousin told him exactly where to go of course, it's no wonder the virus is spreading with people like that"

• Jaysus... 4

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Single shot vaccinations are more likely to produce mutations I heard so this is a real concern. If any government is capable of pulling off a Doomsday scenario, ours are. 🇬🇧 ☄️ 🔥

I haven't seen any evidence of that. Biggest issue with single shot vaccines is there's no evidence on how long immunity lasts. I know a lad who had covid about 4 months back and is already testing negative for antibodies 

11 hours ago, Toonpack said:

From a a lad at work:

"found out yesterday that my cousin was fuming at her ex-husband recently, apparently he felt ill with coronavirus symptoms just before xmas but he still went to his parents for xmas and his new wife's parents (who have illnesses) for boxing-day... subsequently his father-in-law has now died and his mother-in-law is in hospital... when he found out he was tested positive he said to his son (also my cousin's son) that he'd pop round the next day to see him... my cousin told him exactly where to go of course, it's no wonder the virus is spreading with people like that"

Never these fuckers who die, only those innocents around them

Got the first Pfizer jab today, second booked for 6 weeks time. The clinic ran like clockwork, huge throughput. I don't think the issue will be application, it will be one of supply. Hopefully they can sort that out.

Now, I was just on my works PC and have to say what marvellous software Excel and Word are, they work seamlessly don't they? Think I will upgrade t Office  365 premium when I get home. 

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Got the first Pfizer jab today, second booked for 6 weeks time. The clinic ran like clockwork, huge throughput. I don't think the issue will be application, it will be one of supply. Hopefully they can sort that out.

Now, I was just on my works PC and have to say what marvellous software Excel and Word are, they work seamlessly don't they? Think I will upgrade t Office  365 premium when I get home. 

How the fuck does some office waller get jabbed before frontline NHS staff? Teachers should be jabbed before you as well for looking after your germ factory rug rats :glare:

• Haha 3

Ignoring the utterly apalling jingoistic messaging, and the fact that more people have died in the UK than any other country and this ia going to get worse, let's consider the facts. The MHRA rubber stamped the Pfizer vaccine first. Hardly an achievement and btw the MHRA are not a world leading regulatory body the tories would have you believe. They are completely opaque.

So we get the vaccines approved for emergency use, and then promptly just give the first dose against the product licencing. Theres no empirical evidence this is safe, making a mockery of the initial approval. We are using the vaccines off licence.

Now I'm not saying this is the wrong thing to do. I think it is right purely because it is necessary because we have completely lost control of the virus. If we hadn't I definitely would not support this approach. But to use the crisis to promote nationalist propaganda is fucking disgraceful. It really is a new low. How low can we actually go?

Edited by Renton

39 minutes ago, Renton said:

Ignoring the utterly apalling jingoistic messaging, and the fact that more people have died in the UK than any other country and this ia going to get worse, let's consider the facts. The MHRA rubber stamped the Pfizer vaccine first. Hardly an achievement and btw the MHRA are not a world leading regulatory body the tories would have you believe. They are completely opaque.

So we get the vaccines approved for emergency use, and then promptly just give the first dose against the product licencing. Theres no empirical evidence this is safe, making a mockery of the initial approval. We are using the vaccines off licence.

Now I'm not saying this is the wrong thing to do. I think it is right purely because it is necessary because we have completely lost control of the virus. If we hadn't I definitely would not support this approach. But to use the crisis to promote nationalist propaganda is fucking disgraceful. It really is a new low. How low can we actually go?

Much much lower, the people in prominent positions are either liars, evil, corrupt, or toadies. Most of them are combination of all of these things. Johnson, Gove, Raab, Patel, Sunak, Truss, Jenrick, Rees-Mogg, Shapps, Lewis, Francois, Braverman - I would never tire of punching every single one of these in the face.

Then you have your walk on turns like Redwood, Duncan-Smith, Fabricant, Jenkins, that bloke who likes upskirting and that weird young bloke from Mansfield (who’s name escapes me). There are countless others who are as equally abhorrent. 

It blows my mind just how many people can vote for these bastards and still sleep at night.

• Like 6

They can never, ever, admit they were wrong. And take the hypocrisy of Patel last night, telling us to obey the rules which she didn't even know herself, and coming from a serial rule breaker. Morgan is a cunt but at least he make politicians squirm. 

• Like 4