Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Lad at work (working from home though) bairn sent home from nursery as another kid's has tested positive, but only the kid has to isolate not the whole family ???? (seems strange/daft)

Also things seem to be slowing up here:

image.png.74afd1ff7c81dc93e2a570e40a38b51c.png

Compared to last week:

image.png.fe0e40a2da83f83b99fd249f7b4e8f13.png

It's always been that way. I don't disagree tbh. Where do you draw the line? What if the kids parents have been at work all week? Do you quarantine 2 offices worth of people and their families as well?

49 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Got my vaccine today btw. I'll be licking door handles in no time 

It’ll make a change from windows I suppose 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The ol' PL charm working once again.

He got me a pint once and I swear the barmaid had a small puddle by her feet such was the charm and charisma he exudes from his dulcet tones. Like a mixture of Peter Bowles and Leslie Phillips. :good:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Eldest daughter is having it today and she's twisting on a bit about not really wanting it and I'm trying not to lose my temper. 

She works in a pharmacy?...is there an idiot pouring nonsense into her ear? 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I’M GETTING MINE TOMORROW 😄

(only because I’m working at my GPs and I asked the girl organising it to put me on the list :glare: ) 

Well, well, well. Queue jumping ahead of Gemmill's lass then? Fucking shameless. :whistle:

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

She works in a pharmacy?...is there an idiot pouring nonsense into her ear? 

Teenage strop I think, everything's 'stupid' and this 'stupid' covid is getting on her wick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, well, well. Queue jumping ahead of Gemmill's lass then? Fucking shameless. :whistle:

Yes :lol:

17th December I visited 5 doctors surgeries in one day whilst unknowingly infected with Covid 19

When restrictions changed last week we got all got a letter from the CEO to tell us that we are only to do emergency repairs for the foreseeable

Teams meeting yesterday with area manager, he stated that we should continue with monthly maintenance tasks “if it’s safe”.  We can send jobs back via the risk assessment if we feel unsafe.

On the way home yesterday spoke to engineering manager and he told me a chippy did this over Swindon way. He was given a fire door to sort out, it had gaps  round it etc so it wasn’t fire compliant . He asked the site manager what was on the other side of the door, he was informed there was “several Covid positive patients” He then asked if the door was a major problem to site; “no, not really in the circumstances”...So he put a Red Cross on the risk asesssment and sent it back. Several layers of management got involved, the engineering manager to his credit backed the chippy to the hilt, until it ended up on the desk of the area director. She decided to send a contractor to do it :glare:

The other day I went to a large NHS admin block to fix a light. There were around 30 people stuffed into an office about maybe 20-25m square, separated only by rudimentary screens at desk level. I asked people sat round the light to move before i did it to maintain social distancing . They grudgingly agreed to. 

63 employees of TFL have died from Covid. Most of them bus drivers. 

Employers are paying lip service to this shit...

• Like 3