Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I heard fewer complaints from PL when he had the fucking virus. 

The vaccinated need to pipe the fuck down. "Uh the vaccine that will protect me from dying has left me with a sore arm." :lol:

I was so happy being protected yesterday I went skipping down Jesmond Dene in celebration. Slipped on black ice and went arse over tit, banged my head and was mildly concussed. Nearly broke my neck, was thinking it would be quite an ironic way to die. Waking up this morning I'm aching all over and have mild whiplash in my neck. Life is an absolute shit show at the minute. 🤬

• Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

I was so happy being protected yesterday I went skipping down Jesmond Dene in celebration. Slipped on black ice and went arse over tit, banged my head and was mildly concussed. Nearly broke my neck, was thinking it would be quite an ironic way to die. Waking up this morning I'm aching all over and have mild whiplash in my neck. Life is an absolute shit show at the minute. 🤬

Ok so it sucks that this happened and I'm sorry for your pain, truly.

BUT

Imagine how much the Antivaxxers would love this story :lol: A grown man gets vaccinated, starts skipping (something they would doubtless associate with homosexuality), and wakes up the following day concussed and in full body pain. You should sell it to them tbf, it could only be more perfect if you'd bought a Windows upgrade at the same time.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

E372B29E-1DD7-4F52-8200-34A8A90BF9B1.gif

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Am Pfizered up  😎

Out of interest, did they ask you if you'd had covid-19 and did they say anything when you said you had? 

I'm wondering if they're taken the chance to research if it makes a difference. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

He works at the freeman doesn’t he? 

Aye, I go for walks at lunchtime sometimes. I wasn't skipping but the rest is true. Although it happened on the busiest part of the dene, the concave bridge in front of the waterfall, so I had the added indignity of crowds of people watching it happen, watching a concussed me slip again trying to get up, then scrambling on hand and knees to find my Galaxy earbuds.  Theyve got a detection system where they chirp using your phone, handy when at the back of the sofa, bot all use next to a water fall! Anyway, I had to give up (£150 wasted), but found them in my hood when I got back fortunately. 

I can see the funny side fortunately. ;) After I got up whilst recovering I witnessed 2 other people fall at the exit same spot, its fucking lethal. 

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, NJS said:

Out of interest, did they ask you if you'd had covid-19 and did they say anything when you said you had? 

I'm wondering if they're taken the chance to research if it makes a difference. 

No they didn’t, they asked about medication and reactions to other jabs etc..

Its apparently wise to be vaccinated even if you’ve had it though, increased immmunity from infection is only thought to be five months or so... 

59 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So is one shot of the vaccine all it takes then? I thought you needed two. Or has Renton been lucky enough to have had both?

1 shot of Pfizer gives you 90% immunity at 2 to 3 weeks. You're then due a booster, mine was scheduled for 6 weeks but has been delayed to happen "within 12 weeks". Its likely immunity will last that long, but not certain. 

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Sorry if this is a daft question, but can someone who’s had the vaccine still be a carrier? 

There's no evidence either way. It seems highly likely that transmission will be significantly reduced though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Renton said:

There's no evidence either way. It seems highly likely that transmission will be significantly reduced though. 

Cheers Renty Baby! 

( the 5 miles question was tongue-in-cheek, btw). 

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, I go for walks at lunchtime sometimes. I wasn't skipping but the rest is true. Although it happened on the busiest part of the dene, the concave bridge in front of the waterfall, so I had the added indignity of crowds of people watching it happen, watching a concussed me slip again trying to get up, then scrambling on hand and knees to find my Galaxy earbuds.  Theyve got a detection system where they chirp using your phone, handy when at the back of the sofa, bot all use next to a water fall! Anyway, I had to give up (£150 wasted), but found them in my hood when I got back fortunately. 

I can see the funny side fortunately. ;) After I got up whilst recovering I witnessed 2 other people fall at the exit same spot, its fucking lethal. 

:lol: hope you’re ok. Also - https://www.amazon.co.uk/shoe-ice-grippers/s?k=shoe+ice+grippers

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

'found them in my hood' 

Were they in Tynemouth all along, MC Rents? :lol:

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Renton said:

I heard if you get concussed in the three weeks after you get the vaccine, it dramatically reduces the efficacy. Bad luck Bambi, you've fucked it. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

:lol:

I can picture you screaming at anyone that came to help. "GET AWAY! GET AWAY! I'M VACCINATED OK, I'M SPECIAL, JUST FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE!" 

(to be read in the voice of Neil Hunt, Nonsense Potter from Athletico Mince) 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Renton said:

1 shot of Pfizer gives you 90% immunity at 2 to 3 weeks. You're then due a booster, mine was scheduled for 6 weeks but has been delayed to happen "within 12 weeks". Its likely immunity will last that long, but not certain. 

Can you explain this from Pfizer Rents?...the way I’m reading it the vaccine is only 52% effective between 1 & 2 with a 95% “confidence interval” ??....

22118666-4D97-4B38-A266-3448B06C1629.jpeg

That doesn’t sound promising tbh. The efficiency is well below 90 percent after one shot and it is strongly recommended not to wait more than 42 days for the second shot as there is no data about the efficiency after that time.

40 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Can you explain this from Pfizer Rents?...the way I’m reading it the vaccine is only 52% effective between 1 & 2 with a 95% “confidence interval” ??....

22118666-4D97-4B38-A266-3448B06C1629.jpeg

I think that 52% figure is really misleading, as it was mainly vaccine failure immediately after vaccination.

A paper published in the New England Journal of Medicine stated that the efficacy of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 52.4% between the first and second dose (spaced 21 days apart).5 However, in its “green book” Public Health England said that during the phase III trial most of the vaccine failures were in the days immediately after the first dose, indicating that the short term protection starts around day 10.6 Looking at the data from day 15 to 21, it calculated that the efficacy against symptomatic covid-19 was around 89% (95% confidence interval 52% to 97%). Meanwhile, Pfizer has said that it has no evidence that the protection lasts beyond the 21 days.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n18

I've discussed this with work colleagues. Normally I'd be completely against going against a product licence in this way. But imo, the gravity of the situation demands drastic action if we want to maximise the saving of lives. But it's a risk and my colleagues don't agree with me. I was happy with 6 week spacing, I admit much less so with 12 week spacing. 

• Like 1

Reminds me of going on a night out when I was 17. 

All the lads were out and we were on our way up to the gate and I went arse over tit on some ice & proper slammed off the floor face first. 

Because it was the early 2000s and I was a kid I had a pocket full of change, so when I hit the deck it scattered for a fucking mile. I was skint enough to have to pick it up. 

Punchline is my jeans had separated at the seams....so I had to go home.

The first thing I heard after the coins had scattered was...

”hya is that yer new break dance like!?” 

• Haha 5