Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

If it makes anyone feel any better I've had a gammy knee for a good fortnight after trying to take the recycling out pissed when the roads were like an ice rink. Miraculously didnae break any of the glass, muscle memory must've kicked in. 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

If it makes anyone feel any better I've had a gammy knee for a good fortnight after trying to take the recycling out pished when the roads were like an ice rink. Miraculously didnae break any of the glass, muscle memory must've kicked in. 

Scotsman’d that fae ye. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Raab has refused to promise that people with the first jab will get the second one :lol: Here we fucking go again with the Tory Incompetence Train

My colleague predicted this would happen. There are fucking huge ethical issues regarding consent with this. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

My colleague predicted this would happen. There are fucking huge ethical issues regarding consent with this. 

If the second jab isn’t done within 12 weeks does it render the first jab less effective or does it make it redundant?

Sorry for all these questions., I’ve only got an O grade in biology ...

Just now, PaddockLad said:

If the second jab isn’t done within 12 weeks does it render the first jab less effective or does it make it redundant?

Nobody knows mate. I'm fairly sure virologist and immunologists will have a very good idea but there's no empirical evidence past 4 weeks for the Pfizer jab (think there is a bit more evidence for the AZ one). The government is predictably fucking this up. (I would think you would be okay having the virus and a jab though). 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I suppose the main issue is that the drug companies have got licensed to give the vaccines on the basis of testing, which indicates two jabs spaced out, not on the basis of "oh fuck, who knows, it'll work won't it".

On 16/01/2021 at 19:35, Renton said:

I was so happy being protected yesterday I went skipping down Jesmond Dene in celebration. Slipped on black ice and went arse over tit, banged my head and was mildly concussed. Nearly broke my neck, was thinking it would be quite an ironic way to die. Waking up this morning I'm aching all over and have mild whiplash in my neck. Life is an absolute shit show at the minute. 🤬

Ha Ha Simpsons GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Sorry, couldn't resist 

• Haha 1

So, according to the Guardian, schools will reopen on a region by region basis. With London opening up first.

So, the RVI is now actually treating London based covid patients as they are out of capacity  (and so are we now with critical cancer operations being cancelled so we can take in these patients, inevitablyleading to premature deaths) and yet again the capital will unlock first? I can only assume this is a piss take. 

• Jaysus... 1

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, sacrifice a few northerners to get the Capital up and running again? 

How perfectly Tory. 

Sacrificing plenty of Londoners too by letting the little plague rats mingle again though. In an unprecedented move for this government, it's the worst of both worlds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, according to the Guardian, schools will reopen on a region by region basis. With London opening up first.

So, the RVI is now actually treating London based covid patients as they are out of capacity  (and so are we now with critical cancer operations being cancelled so we can take in these patients, inevitablyleading to premature deaths) and yet again the capital will unlock first? I can only assume this is a piss take. 

How are they getting them here- by ambulance presumably? 
So the crews, who’ll originate from London, are travelling 300 odd miles, with an infected person, and then dropping them here. 
I’d guess that they need a stay-over before returning, or a good break at the very least, presumably in a hotel. 

Isn’t this just spreading the virus around the country?