Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Renton said "hundreds of thousands". I'm not giving him the win just yet. 

Ahem, this is what I said:

This thing is probably going to kill in the hundreds of thousands in the UK alone. 

We are in the hundreds of thousands zone now, aren't we? I wish to fuck I had been wrong like, the second wave has surpassed even my worst fears by far. It's almost a year to the day Newcastle got the first 2 cases taken to the RVI and I first got concerned. 

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Ahem, this is what I said:

We are in the hundreds of thousands zone now, aren't we? I wish to fuck I had been wrong like, the second wave has surpassed even my worst fears by far. It's almost a year to the day Newcastle got the first 2 cases taken to the RVI and I first got concerned. 

I think Gemmill is arguing that we are in the "hundred of thousands" zone.  Only 50% of the way towards him conceding 

Thus is the end result of "We've had enough of experts". When Gove said it, people responded that you would trust a doctor if you needed medical treatment. Now people have rejected even that. The gig is well and truly fucked. 

• Like 3

I really feel sorry for that Dr. He must have studied so hard for years & years to be in that position and he has a man reciting the medical opinion of Gillian McKeith at him, or to give her full medical title Gillian McKeith.

I have a friend who’s a Dr & to get where his is today he’s probably had to work incredibly hard since being about 13 & at 34 he still works incredibly hard now and is always studying.

But Yeah mate some vitamin tablets and zinc. That’ll sort it out.

I don’t know what happened to the poor patient but the Dr gave him half an hour to live if he left the hospital. :( 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Mental thing is we've missed multiple opportunities to reduce that number. 3 delayed lockdowns, refusal to close borders or test arrivals, the Cummings debacle undermining the whole effort ...

You forgot about the PM proudly shaking hands with everyone in the covid ward, Eat out to help out, and the big Christmas uturn from "let's forget the virus for a bit and have a five day free for all!" to "eh, pretend we never said that".   But I get it, it's near impossible keep up. 

And we couldn't close the our borders as it would've undermined the Brexit argument. 

Moral of the story: Never trust a Tory. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

I really feel sorry for that Dr. He must have studied so hard for years & years to be in that position and he has a man reciting the medical opinion of Gillian McKeith at him, or to give her full medical title Gillian McKeith.

I have a friend who’s a Dr & to get where his is today he’s probably had to work incredibly hard since being about 13 & at 34 he still works incredibly hard now and is always studying.

I don’t know what happened to the poor patient but the Dr gave him half an hour to live if he left the hospital. :( 

I thought McKeith was a poo doctor?

15 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Don't be daft, it's all the public's fault (oh and the EU)

Tbf a lot of the public are to blame. Not that I disagree with you or KD about the role our glorious leaders have played. I mean, the public would re-elect this lot if there was a general election tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Tbf a lot of the public are to blame. Not that I disagree with you or KD about the role our glorious leaders have played. I mean, the public would re-elect this lot if there was a general election tomorrow. 

This is true, but they've been played into that position by the endless propaganda and the dumbing down that has been going on for years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

There's a correlation though. Decent leadership (ala NZ) would have set a better example for the average idiot. Instead we had the leader of the nation telling the press to pipe down when his mate drove 250miles up the country with a symptomatic kid in the car, the went for a stroll by the river 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

She’s a bought her doctorate online doctor 

From a place that sold the same “doctorate” in the same subject to one of her fiercest critics for $60.… in the name of his dead cat. 

If @TheGingerQuiff  reads the “directions for use” leaflet on his next box of Kamagra, he’ll be as medically trained as McKeith. 

Does anybody remember when Jonathan Ross interviewed her and bought a sample of his faeces in a tupperware box for her to make a "diagnosis"? She started retching about the smell and commented about how unhealthy his shit was. He promptly ate it because, in fact, it was a mashed up Mars bar.

I think she was finished after that. As Ben Goldacre said, Dr Gillian McKeith, or to give her her full title, Gillian McKeith. Unfortunately her demise did not signal an end to the charlatans, quite the contrary in fact. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tom said:

It’s a fucking stressful nightmare working in the NHS anyway. Then you have Coronavirus to contend with. On top that of that he’s working on a ward actually treating people with the disease. Then the cherry tomato on the top is dealing with thick as pig shit counts like that 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's a correlation though. Decent leadership (ala NZ) would have set a better example for the average idiot. Instead we had the leader of the nation telling the press to pipe down when his mate drove 250miles up the country with a symptomatic kid in the car, the went for a stroll by the river 

Totally. It’s both. It’s like the Brexit public / media debate we were having. When you have stupid arseholes that need spoon feeding then it’s down to the leadership as much as it being about personal responsibility 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Does anybody remember when Jonathan Ross interviewed her and bought a sample of his faeces in a tupperware box for her to make a "diagnosis"? She started retching about the smell and commented about how unhealthy his shit was. He promptly ate it because, in fact, it was a mashed up Mars bar.

I think she was finished after that. As Ben Goldacre said, Dr Gillian McKeith, or to give her her full title, Gillian McKeith. Unfortunately her demise did not signal an end to the charlatans, quite the contrary in fact. 

I think someone pointed out that (apart from being fucking weird) analysing someone’s shit only tells you about what they’ve recently ate and how hydrated they are rather than allowing for the Sherlock Holmes type deductions she was making  

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

From a place that sold the same “doctorate” in the same subject to one of her fiercest critics for $60.… in the name of his dead cat. 

If @TheGingerQuiff  reads the “directions for use” leaflet on his next box of Kamagra, he’ll be as medically trained as McKeith. 

Given a platform by the MSM tbh. ;) Which, while I say as a bit of a joke is also completely true 

• Like 1