Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

Don't want to be harsh but someone in his family wants shooting for not keeping him safe. 

Reading that maybe he picked it up in hospital? 

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

Reading that maybe he picked it up in hospital? 

Ah, okay - I read the statement from his daughter saying he'd been treated at home for pneumonia. 

6 hours ago, NJS said:

Ah, okay - I read the statement from his daughter saying he'd been treated at home for pneumonia. 

In that case you’re probably right 

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Presumably he must have been right at the front for vaccine, which is a worry.

He didn't get it, I think because of his pneumonia (although I'm not sure that is a good reason), which suggests he caught covid secondary to this. 

Fucking hell- it’s what viruses do. 

My medical background consists of trying not to fall asleep on first aid courses and I know that viruses will mutate and variants happen. 

How the fuck do these imbeciles sleep at night after stealing a living? 

A pathological sense of self entitlement? An almost sociopathic disregard for other people?

Edited by The Fish

I mean, she knew it was possible but gambled that it wouldn't happen before the vaccine came along. Now she's saying whatever seems vaguely plausible to avoid accountability for that decision.

I guess you could call that incompetence, but I feel like cynical calculating and weighing human life against expenditure and effort would more exhaustively sum it up. As far as her bosses (and their objectives) are concerned, she's very competent, I'm sure.

Edited by Rayvin

28 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Please use spoilers as I haven’t seen Contagion yet. :lol:

We watched it towards the end of the first lockdown....it’s uncannily accurate... I think Hancock deserves a bit of credit for taking the gamble tbh, regardless of how he came to the decision..

TBF buying the vaccines was the easy bit. All he had to do was spunk money at anyone who said they were developing one. It's been the rollout that has been impressive but that seems to have been left largely to the NHS afaia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

TBF buying the vaccines was the easy bit. All he had to do was spunk money at anyone who said they were developing one. It's been the rollout that has been impressive but that seems to have been left largely to the NHS afaia.

This - and if only track and trace had been similarly handled eh ?

Bastards called it NHS track and trace which it wasn't 

Of course vaccination programme isn't called what it is i.e NHS vaccination

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm only a  bit complementary about him in hindsight. We only knew he'd done a half decent job when the EU threw a wobbler last week. Before then I thought he was a contemptible spunk trumpet. I now merely think he's a spunk trumpet :cuppa:

• Haha 1