Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I'm not going to the bother of reading all of that but the countries that he listed: Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong banned global travel then introduced quarantine and testing much much faster than we did. That was the silver bullet. Nearly a year in and we still haven't got an operational quarantine programme.

• Like 2

I've read there's been some clarification of the qualification criteria for asthma sufferers being included in group 6 and I think there'll be a lot of people "disappointed" . 

Couple of hospitalisations or frequent steroid tablet courses seems to be the bar which certainly excludes me. 

I might qualify as a fat bastard but to be honest if I put group 6 into a calculator it returns some time in March but group 8 for my age returns April. I feel quite safe so I'm happy with that. 

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

I've read there's been some clarification of the qualification criteria for asthma sufferers being included in group 6 and I think there'll be a lot of people "disappointed" . 

Couple of hospitalisations or frequent steroid tablet courses seems to be the bar which certainly excludes me. 

I might qualify as a fat bastard but to be honest if I put group 6 into a calculator it returns some time in March but group 8 for my age returns April. I feel quite safe so I'm happy with that. 

Can you share the link for the calculator, please? Interested to see when it reckons I'll get done. 

I'm hoping we're gonna see a big drop off in the summer like we did this year, anyway, and that by the time it would kick off again in the winter, everyone with any sense has been vaccinated. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Can you share the link for the calculator, please? Interested to see when it reckons I'll get done. 

I'm hoping we're gonna see a big drop off in the summer like we did this year, anyway, and that by the time it would kick off again in the winter, everyone with any sense has been vaccinated. 

I don't think it's very accurate after the first 9 groups as there's no set order:

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-england

26 minutes ago, NJS said:

I’m not sure if we use the same criteria as you lot over the water but my wife can now get a vaccine as an asthma sufferer because she received a shielding letter last year.

First time I checked that vaccine prediction site the earliest it was saying I’d get mine was September. Now it’s saying april. Hate to tempt fate but ramping up the vaccine rollout might be the one thing the fuckers got right