Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

And yet very "Britain, 2021"

Absolutely. Like it’s fucking utterly tragic  a 100 year old has died but the 300-odd that are still dying everyday, meh. 

• Like 1

It's fucking mad man. I'm completely agnostic about the bloke. He fought in the war, along with millions of other conscripts, was fortunate enough to survive, and fortunate enough to appear on Blankety Blank and live to be 100. All in all a good innings etc. But people I know are suffering hugely and people I know who haven't reached half his age are literally dying. None of this is his fault or has anything to do with him, but that's sort of my point. This country is sick. Captain Tom is just another dead cat to distract us from the real sickness of the nation. Well fuck that, I'm not buying it. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

The current Mrs PL & all her colleagues are at breaking point . For the first time in the ten years we’ve been together I’m worried about her mental health. She spent Friday evening crying. The cause? Rishi fuckin Ballsack’s stamp duty holiday of all things. The unprecedented level of transactions being driven by this scheme is causing huge stress to the people employed to carry them out. One solicitor in a chain of six forgot to order the money for their clients purchase transaction on Friday and the whole thing fell to bits. TCMPL then fell to bits due to people phoning her up saying why can’t they get the keys to their house and what the fuck is she going to do about it?  It’s like that most Fridays. She’s got to sort that shit show out on  Monday then next Friday there’s another 8 completions, others during the week too. It should also be pointed out that her  bosses are obviously wankers and offer little or no support too . She’s brilliant at her job, her and the lass she sits with earned 12k between them in January . She worked with one of the partners of this company at another local firm when I first met her. He’s one our best friends, he told her one of the equity partners (ie those with their own money invested in the company, as opposed to our friend who hasn’t but heads up the commercial department)  brought in £900 for the same month. Easy to see what’s going on. 

My partners work related stress levels  don't seem like a big consequence of Covid 19 but they’re occupying my mind at the moment far more than paying tribute to a plainly decent old gent who popped his clogs the other day & via whom the media earned millions for NHS charities. Without TV making the old boy some sort of saint he’d have raised a couple of quid.  That’s what’s being being celebrated, the self reflecting do gooding wankers in the media who made the man famous, it’s a fuckin vomit inducing charade carried out by venal self serving wankers. His daughter seems to be revelling in it too. 

edit: what’s driving her to madness is the thought of that cunt in no 11 extending the scheme from the end of March to the end of June. If he does there’s a chance in areas where demand is highest that the system will fall to bits 

Edited by PaddockLad

41 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

TCMPL needs to get her doctor to sign her off due to work-related stress. 
No one should be suffering like that due to work, mate. 

Especially for something that's happening purely so the almighty god of house prices shall never fall.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

TCMPL needs to get her doctor to sign her off due to work-related stress. 
No one should be suffering like that due to work, mate. 

+1 for this. Do it through the right channels and they'll have zero comeback. One of the worst things about the past year, in amongst all the rest of the shit, has been the rise of Sunak. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: I didn’t know Jay Jay Sea had put his house on the market. 

Any idea what was going down in Forest Hall earlier? About 10 police cars and the Forest Hall Road was closed near the Ritz. Your mention of Jay Jay Sea made me wonder if he’d escaped again 

On 22/02/2021 at 14:17, Tom said:

Some brutal side effects from this :lol: 

I had the Pfizer on Wednesday and thought I'd got away without too much trouble, but I tried to go for a run on Saturday and nope. :lol: Had to stop and walk home with my tail between my legs. It's been all right otherwise though. #feebpower

Just now, Meenzer said:

I had the Pfizer on Wednesday and thought I'd got away without too much trouble, but I tried to go for a run on Saturday and nope. :lol: Had to stop and walk home with my tail between my legs. It's been all right otherwise though.

how did you mange to get the vaccine? 

forgive me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression you were a fit and healthy 40 something. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yes, please do give us every intimate detail of your personal medical history.

please don't  - just say i'm wrong :lol:

i'm just wondering if 40 somethings without underlying medical conditions can now get jabs at walk-in clinics or something, because i'm there in a flash if that is the case. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Must be over half of the membership on here in the feebzone. Are you all posting from the same dayroom? 

:lol:

We’re in the lifeboat, you androids are still in the drink. 

23 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I had the Pfizer on Wednesday and thought I'd got away without too much trouble, but I tried to go for a run on Saturday and nope. :lol: Had to stop and walk home with my tail between my legs. It's been all right otherwise though. #feebpower

I was okay on Saturday after mine but halfway through the night I woke up a bit feverish and felt shitty all day yesterday. A bit better today but still a bit fuzzy and weak - I've been staring at a blank screen for a couple of hours trying to write some SQL and failing miserably. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

please don't  - just say i'm wrong :lol:

i'm just wondering if 40 somethings without underlying medical conditions can now get jabs at walk-in clinics or something, because i'm there in a flash if that is the case.

:lol: I don't know, actually. I have plenty of things wrong with me (shut up) but nothing that should push me up the list as far as I'm aware - asthma that gets me the flu jab every year but nowhere near bad enough to be in a Covid risk group, #feeb kidneys that might give up on me at some point but that aren't any kind of Covid-specific risk factor, and so on.

So either someone at my doctor's has looked at the cumulative picture of all that and decided I should be bumped up a bit (even though that's not meant to happen), or I've just got lucky in some other way. There's not as many old people around here because it's all young professionals who've been priced out of nicer areas so they're getting further down the list quicker, or they knew they'd have a ton of the vaccine about to expire or something, I don't know. :dunno: For what it's worth, I'd say pretty much everyone else getting it when I went was in the 35-55 age range, so that suggests they've already got through all the oldies around here, anyway. Or they're all just mentalist anti-vaxxers who've refused it.

Either way, I was offered it through one of the normal channels (text message + online booking) so that's a no on the walk-in front I'm afraid.