Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

I got my second 2 weeks ago through the hospital, I think it was 10 weeks after the first and was planned 8 weeks ahead. How did you get your first one? I thought it was through your company, in which case contact your HR?

On a separate note this will be the last queue jumping I do on jabs. I'm leaving the NHS next month for the other side, like a mini Chez Given. After the way I've been treated as an employee I will have no regrets making as much money for big Pharma as possible. Champagne enemas are on ice. 

Did you go for the job in Manchester or somewhere closer to home?

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'll be waiting until 12 weeks before getting mine as from the little bit I've read it seems to offer the greatest protection.

Aye, I've read similar but the link would only give me appointments for that day or the next, and I was worried if I didn't say yes then they might count that as a refusal and forget about me after 12 weeks. :lol:  Probably daft but there you go.

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Which one you have Meenzer ?? AZ or Pfizer

As the Germans will proudly insist on saying, I had the BioNTech. (Pfizer. :D )

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Did you go for the job in Manchester or somewhere closer to home?

Manchester one was for NICE. I passed a written exam but at the interview it became pretty clear the commute wasn't feasible, and tbh the thought of wfh every day just wasn't for me. My job now will be in Newcastle science Park (Helix, next to St James). Leaving all the T&Cs of the teat of the NHS is a concern, but the opportunity will be massive. I will be doing quite a bit of work on the covid vaccination going forward apparently. This year has been a complete head fuck for me, I've got to do something positive going forward. Starting with a champagne  bottle up my arse. Maybe. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

I got my second 2 weeks ago through the hospital, I think it was 10 weeks after the first and was planned 8 weeks ahead. How did you get your first one? I thought it was through your company, in which case contact your HR?

We were eligible because of who we worked for but we had to do ring and book off our own back so looks like I’m going to have to sit and ring all day, even though they’ve told people not to since they’re showing no signs of contacting me themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, I've read similar but the link would only give me appointments for that day or the next, and I was worried if I didn't say yes then they might count that as a refusal and forget about me after 12 weeks. :lol:  Probably daft but there you go.

I think the AZ one suggests the longer gap but the Pfizer jury is still out on that point. 

Mid May for me for second one - I wasn't given a date but was told it would be 11 weeks.

I was happy to get the Pfizer of the two but the gap is slightly worrying. 

My lass got her 12 week appointment at the same time as she got her first jab. For the same time slot exactly 12 weeks later. 

Sounds like you lads might have all been scammed and injected with AIDS instead. Which is terrible obviously. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Pfizer must be very happy how this partnership has worked out for them and their brand.

It also does show how stupid the name bionTech is.

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My lass got her 12 week appointment at the same time as she got her first jab. For the same time slot exactly 12 weeks later. 

Sounds like you lads might have all been scammed and injected with AIDS instead. Which is terrible obviously. 

My lass's parents got the exact 12 week date thing but she had hers this week at the same place and was just told 4-12 weeks and they'd be in touch. Might be more doubt about supplies in the medium term now I suppose. 

On 01/04/2021 at 23:08, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Rang today and they tried to say they’d been in contact “multiple times” despite me having no missed calls in the last two weeks. Off to buy a vaccine on the black market.

They might have been trying to contact one of the poor old fuckers that you were mistakenly vaccinated before instead

Now, because they’ve fucked up and don’t have any Pfizer clinics on until past my deadline, I’ve been offered AstraZeneca as the second dose. Some people say it’s fine but others have said that the practice nurse won’t even give me it when I get there and that they should have arranged me to go to another clinic that had Pfizer. The second bit sounds correct as the practice receptionists were about as much use as Anne Frank’s drum kit. Anyone kna the crack? Cath,preferably 

CureVac are hoping to get their vaccine approved in May or June latest. As they are working together with both Bayer and GlaxoSmithKline it will hopefully stop this pity battling for vaccines between the EU and the UK.