Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Didn’t venture to the pub yesterday but popped out and bought myself some new running trainers and I’ve got the gym booked in for later in the week.

Its certainly looking up, when it’s not Baltic cold I may even venture to a beer garden. B) 

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I am getting my first jab in the first week of May, the second in  mid-June.

I could probably get one now (being very old and immuno-suppressed) as long as I am willing to take the risk on blood clots :scratchchin:

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I could probably get one now (being very old and immuno-suppressed) as long as I am willing to take the risk on blood clots :scratchchin:

Isn't the risk like 1 in a million? Which is better odds than getting fucked by covid 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

One in 250k, apparently. So roughly the same odds as a plane falling from the sky and landing on your house 

Considerably higher if you are immune-suppressed or suffer from clotting disorders, allegedly.

AstraZeneca have not trialled their vaccine on either groups whereas pfizer has plus it has collated significant data from the Israel vaccinations.

Edited by sammynb

52 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Considerably higher if you are immune-suppressed or suffer from clotting disorders, allegedly.

AstraZeneca have not trialled their vaccine on either groups whereas pfizer has plus it has collated significant data from the Israel vaccinations.

Not true, there's a decent podcast about this on Guardian Science. The only contraindication to it is documented heparin induced thrombocytopenia which is extremely uncommon. No reason people with other clotting disorders can't have AZ, although personally I would be trying to get Pfizer or Moderna regardless as I know several people who have been wiped out by AZ. 

Chances of a serious blood clot incident with AZ is about 1 in 300,000 and more likely in younger people. Chances of a fatal reaction about 1 in a million. Janssen vaccine is also based on an adenovirus platform and we are seeing similar issues. Think mRNA vaccines are the future personally. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I’ve requested the one that makes you hallucinate 

I just hope I'm not as soft as some of the raspberry ripple crew on here, I could do without it fucking the weekend up. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I don't know which vaccine the Centre for Life is currently dealing in, but that's where I'm going on Friday. 

You'll be getting the clot version there (unless they've run out)

Edit - everyone I know/work with who has had AZ was fucked for 2 days afterwards, deffo NOT a Friday jab if you can avoid.

Evidently Pfizer screws you after second jab (according to my yank colleagues) so will be a Monday/Tuesday for my second if I can possibly arrange it.

Edited by Toonpack

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

You'll be getting the clot version there (unless they've run out)

I've got a pacemaker mate, I'll blast that clot straight through, it won't even touch the sides.