Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I agreed with you on the death toll, I disagreed on the long term economic impact. I've a 100% track record in predictions and I'm telling you that now is the time to cheer up.

I'm taking you up on the last bit, I've started my new job and it is ACE compared to my previous job, so far. I've now worked in two private sector roles and one public sector role. My experience is that if you get the right private sector role it is much better than the equivalent public sector one. Now we've laid that age old argument to rest, more good news for you all. I now have unrestricted access to the internet so can actually post on Toontastic from my PC again rather than my phone. So you can expect more longer posts from me from now on. You don't need to thank me for brightening up your day. 😃

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I mean, its been a walk in the park and the predictions listed there by ewerk were completely wrong, right? It's been worse than even I predicted. Yes, there will be a bounce back naturally, from a very low base, but some sectors have been wiped out and equality is worse than ever before. The NHS is going to struggle for years to come, indirect deaths and morbidity due to disruption will continue for years. National debt is off the scale and the excuse for a century of austerity. ANd Brexit has barely begun. Other than that its hunky dory I guess. 

He's back! ;) 

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I mean, its been a walk in the park and the predictions listed there by ewerk were completely wrong, right? It's been worse than even I predicted. Yes, there will be a bounce back naturally, from a very low base, but some sectors have been wiped out and equality is worse than ever before. The NHS is going to struggle for years to come, indirect deaths and morbidity due to disruption will continue for years. National debt is off the scale and the excuse for a century of austerity. ANd Brexit has barely begun. Other than that its hunky dory I guess. 

He's back! ;) 

Bragging about his new job after leaving the NHS in her hour of need in the same breath as lamenting how many indirect deaths there's going to be :(

Still, needs must when there's a gardeners wages to pay

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

13 hours ago, Renton said:

Too fucking right. I've gone full Chez Given. 

Champagne up the arse and an overinflated sense of self worth?

21 hours ago, ewerk said:

You didn't know shit then and you don't know shit now, motherfucker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57008220

Economy was basically shut down more than ever, as it opens up again of course it'll grow faster than before, the key thing is where it's projected to grow to. 

That article is a deflection.

• Like 2

It's projected to grow to pre-pandemic levels by the end of the year. That was clearer in the article when I first linked to it, plenty of other stuff has been added to it since then.

there are post-pandemic economic and public service crises coming.

nhs, schools, the criminal justice system, social care etc face huge backlogs and strains. there will be extra demands on a cash-strapped treasury.

the one thing labour has going for it is traditional tory contempt for state intervention will not go away. they might be able to reclaim the narrative if the tories oversee collapsing public services - not that we should wish this on the country!

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

there are post-pandemic economic and public service crises coming.

nhs, schools, the criminal justice system, social care etc face huge backlogs and strains. there will be extra demands on a cash-strapped treasury.

the one thing labour has going for it is traditional tory contempt for state intervention will not go away. they might be able to reclaim the narrative if the tories oversee collapsing public services - not that we should wish this on the country!

The country fucking deserves it, the rags will run out of people to blame before long and it'll all turn on the Etonians I hope

• Like 1

On 08/05/2021 at 02:12, TheGingerQuiff said:

Weird

Washington Examiner is openly conservative and publishes articles about climate change denial and how prayer mats are found at the Mexican border wall :lol:

No surprise they are publishing other Trump conspiracies too

• Like 2