Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I don’t think there is much appetite left for more restrictions this year. With the majority of adults - including the front line workers, the elderly and vulnerable - set to be fully vaccinated, is there a strong case for it? 

Edited by Dr Gloom

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t think there is much appetite left for more restrictions this year. With the majority of adults - injuring the front line workers, the elderly and vulnerable - set to be fully vaccinated, is there a strong case for it? 

Not a full lock down maybe but the issues with letting this rise exponentially again is the risk of mutants with vaccine escape capabilities and the risk of long covid in younger people. Best keep the prevalence as low as possible. 

Back to localised lockdowns, surge testing and surge vaccinations. I’m scared to watch this press conference at 5 - too depressing to contemplate 

50 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is never going to end, is it? 😫

I think it will very much depend on how much it can get kept under control with getting as much people vaccinated as possible and a bigger impact of booster vaccinations with the next generation of mRNA vaccines.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Back to localised lockdowns, surge testing and surge vaccinations. I’m scared to watch this press conference at 5 - too depressing to contemplate 

FUCK OFF YOU COCKNEY BASTARD!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

On about bringing 2nd vaccines forward. How about you give me my cunting first one. My mate is my age and lives a street away from me and got his a month ago. Lucky dip

Maybe they’ve assumed you’re still a minor seeing as you’re living with your ma and da?

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Surely you let it rip whilst the vulnerable still have antibodies? Surely > 60% have antibodies now anyway, how is it transmissible at all? Load of bollocks 

Yeah, what do the experts know, the same experts that warned about the first and second waves? They're obviously talking shit. 

Just now, Renton said:

Yeah, what do the experts know, the same experts that warned about the first and second waves? They're obviously talking shit. 

Not bothered. I'm low risk. I'm not prepared to pay the price for the mistakes of others any longer. If I die, I die. (I won't die)

15 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Either way I've done my bit. If the government want to let new variants in chasing trade deals then that's on them

Now that is fair enough. Just stop the flights now ffs, the tories have completely fucked up again. 

Edited by Renton

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Not bothered. I'm low risk. I'm not prepared to pay the price for the mistakes of others any longer. If I die, I die. (I won't die)

Good for you mate, as long as you're okay, I thinkbwe can all agree that's what matters. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

If I see it fucking up vaccinated people then I'll worry. I don't get how being more transmissible makes it risky unless it's escaping vaccines

I don't know either, but the point is, I know who I want to listen to. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I don't know either, but the point is, I know who I want to listen to. 

People are tired of "experts". They wouldn't want the blank cheque they're probably getting through this to suddenly stop, would they? ;)