Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Cummings says there was a meeting where Mark Sedwill, the cabinet secretary, told Boris Johnson that he should go on TV and explain that the herd immunity plan was like chicken pox parties.

Cummings says he told Sedwill not to use that analogy. Sedwill queried why. Cummings says he said coronavirus was not like chicken pox, it was spreading exponentially, and thousands of people were dying.

:lol: "Coronavirus is not like chicken pox... thousands of people are dying" The fact that our government ministers needed basic shit like this spelling out to them is utterly painful.

Civil servant ;) 

28 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Who had Pfizer and did you get sides and how long after? Weighing up whether a gym session is possible 

Me, nothing with 1st Jab, second tomorrow, which the yanks I work with reckon is the one that'll trigger any side effects (if you are going to experience any).

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Who had Pfizer and did you get sides and how long after? Weighing up whether a gym session is possible 

Both times I felt shitty for a couple of days but starting a couple of days after the event. 

I wouldn't go the gym if I was you. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Me, nothing with 1st Jab, second tomorrow, which the yanks I work with reckon is the one that'll trigger any side effects (if you are going to experience any).

I got told the second Pfizer was worse too, didn't feel anything personally except a sore arm. 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I still don’t think people will be arsed 

Daily Mail comment section is calling him a snake and a liar, so yes, I agree with you :lol: No one cares anymore, all the matters is the purity of your religious denominatio--I mean political party.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Daily Mail comment section is calling him a snake and a liar, so yes, I agree with you :lol: No one cares anymore, all the matters is the purity of your religious denominatio--I mean political party.

Aye, I'm listening to Johnson now on PMQ, my hatred of him is visceral now but at least half the population don't give a shot about rank corruption, incompetence, and dishonesty. What would it take to get shot of this cunt? 

• Like 1

Honestly I think he'll be forced out from within or throw the towel in himself, go on to have a lucrative book deal as the man who 'got brexit done' and ultimately get a knighthood for his services to queen and country. He will eventually die, will be given a state funeral, and most likely we'll have a statue of him erected.

I genuinely believe this country is now ridiculous enough for all of the above to happen.

I mean he just repeats a string of lies, over and over again. Half of them don't make any sense, like when he said he could stop the ESL because of Brexit. Hoyle is unable or unwilling to do anything. Starmer is impotent against this level of fuckwittery, what can he do? Cummings was spot on today, at last admitting the massive problems we have with our democracy to let it come to this. 

Edited by Renton

I'm starting to despise Starmer for being so ineffective at this but I do agree that it's hard to imagine what more he could do when the issue really is that people just don't want to hear it.

If it was me I would probably hang my entire leadership of the party on one extremely well prepared, truth bombing speech about what I really thought of Johnson and the Tories, resign on the spot citing an absolute and total lack of faith in our democratic process, give everyone in Parliament the finger and then go outside and tell the press that they're a bunch of cunts and at least partially responsible for this utter shitshow.

Ideally, I would have every single other member of my party resign with me. The Tories would be about as 'opposed' as they presently are anyway, and it would underline how ridiculous this country has become. We are a one party state that functions in the same ways as authoritarian regimes do when it comes to information, truth and decency.

I have zero expectation that any of this would change anything, but I would enjoy it in the moment. Childish maybe, but nothing like a good power fantasy :lol: 

• Like 1

Aye it's hard to see how Hancock emerges from this unscathed, but it has at least confirmed that he is every bit as servile and incompetent as we had suspected.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye it's hard to see how Hancock emerges from this unscathed, but it has at least confirmed that he is every bit as servile and incompetent as we had suspected.

He's survived the last 15 months, I doubt he faces any consequences for Cummings' testimony as it would be an admission that there's truth in it. 

Hancock will be golden- we’ve got Johnson as PM, Patel as Home Secretary, Raab as Foreign Secretary, and Grant Schapps as Transport Goblin. 

Grant fucking Schapps.…

So aye, Mancock will be fine, he’s in good company. 

I don't even get why Hancock wants his job. He'd probably get more lucrative work elsewhere. Bust as it stands he is a humiliated shambles of a man. I don't dislike him as much as many of the others though. 

BTW Starmer asked Johnson at PMQs whether it was true what Cummings said about him delaying the second lockdown because he said "Covid was only killing 80 year olds", and Johnson FAILED TO DENY IT.

And no one will give a fuck. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't even get why Hancock wants his job. He'd probably get more lucrative work elsewhere. Bust as it stands he is a humiliated shambles of a man. I don't dislike him as much as many of the others though. 

He lacks the humility to be humiliated. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

How else will he keep his family supplied with multi-million pound contracts? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hancock is, apparently, one of those guys who will say anything to hold onto power and not get shown up. He strikes me as perpetually deathly afraid of making decisions or getting anything wrong, to the extent that he was prepared to fabricate reality to ensure he wasn't "found out". 

If what Cummings says is true, he should be publicly annihilated for this.

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I don't dislike him as much as many of the others though. 

If you think of the Cabinet as a schoolyard, (which it basically is, private and very elite), Hancock is the little toad that collects the dinner money and sweets from Schapps and Sunak for Johnson and Raab. 
He’s a little bitch. 

• Like 2

Cummings: "The government rhetoric was we put a shield around people in career homes - that was complete nonsense. Quite the opposite of putting a shield around them, we sent people with Covid back to care homes with Covid."