Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

So we sticking with the virus and coronavirus research lab being a huge coincidence?

That or they just had the foresight to set up research labs in areas of concern.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Renton said:

Cummings motives and who he is don't invalidate what he says. 

The converse is equally as true. It's just self serving liars calling each other self serving liars. Chances are he was part of the decisions he is now criticising. Except the government can't say that without implicating themselves. 

Doesn't change the fact that Dom would still be slumming it around Downing Street if BJs bint hadn't taken a dislike to him. 

49 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The converse is equally as true. It's just self serving liars calling each other self serving liars. Chances are he was part of the decisions he is now criticising. Except the government can't say that without implicating themselves. 

Doesn't change the fact that Dom would still be slumming it around Downing Street if BJs bint hadn't taken a dislike to him. 

What Cummings said fits in pretty well with what we know and with the observational evidence. That's what's different.  He's telling the truth this time because he thinks it benefits him, presumably playing the Gove long game. The irony isn't lost on me that he won't be believed or taken seriously by the electorate  because of the very culture in Westminster, namely manifest lying and doubling down, that he more than anyone else created. 

• Like 1

The only people who suspected any of this though, are the remainer lefties. You think Cummings is trying to appeal to us? As I mentioned earlier, the Daily Mail comment section is tearing him a new one (other than on Hancock, whom even they seem to despise)

He's got nothing to lose, isn't planning to go back to government, and has a score to settle. So he's thrown in a hand grenade to amuse himself more than anything else, IMO. Either way I don't see what we stand to gain by stacking up against him. We should let him and Johnson kill each other, frankly.

• Like 1

Btw, this thread gives a pretty good record of the government's shit housery, from March 12th onwards, about page 13. Nearly everyone on here knew Johnson's actions was going to lead to huge loss of life, at that time. Understating the seriousness of the disease, the mixed messaging, using out of date and inappropriate influenza guidance, the delayed lockdown. Its all there and is as good as factual account as any about the situation 15 months ago. Im sure the autumn and winter disasters are equally well documented. 

So many people have died and suffered, it honestly beggars belief how they are getting away with it. Johnson is just redirecting it all to an enquiry that won't report whilst he's in office. And yet staggeringly he just gets more popular. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Btw, this thread gives a pretty good record of the government's shit housery, from March 12th onwards, about page 13. Nearly everyone on here knew Johnson's actions was going to lead to huge loss of life, at that time. Understating the seriousness of the disease, the mixed messaging, using out of date and inappropriate influenza guidance, the delayed lockdown. Its all there and is as good as factual account as any about the situation 15 months ago. Im sure the autumn and winter disasters are equally well documented. 

So many people have died and suffered, it honestly beggars belief how they are getting away with it. Johnson is just redirecting it all to an enquiry that won't report whilst he's in office. And yet staggeringly he just gets more popular. 

I pulled myself out of work and my kids out of school on March 11 and because it was so obvious what was coming and at the time I was worried about my son who has asthma. My entire company followed a couple of days later

And now we know that the policy that allowed for large numbers of people coming into the country during a lockdown came straight from Boris Johnson himself.

The total negligence on display there has to be worth at least another couple of points in the polls, surely? The worse he does, the more popular he gets after all.

Yes, I don't at all understand why she is even remotely involved in any of the politics considering she's just his wife and not any manner of politician, but I guess that comes with the territory when your PM is basically a rich version of Frank from Shameless.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yes, I don't at all understand why she is even remotely involved in any of the politics considering she's just his wife and not any manner of politician, but I guess that comes with the territory when your PM is basically a rich version of Frank from Shameless.

Frank's far more classier than Boris. Boris is just a bastard 

FrankNewer.jpg

Edited by trooper

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

She should stick to putting his bait up amirite

Yes, that would be preferable.

I note that she was a conservative spin doctor though which I wasn't aware of, and which now means that the whole picture makes more sense. I'd imagine she's an almost entirely talentless individual but that alone might well put her head and shoulders above Johnson who isn't so much limited as actively useless.

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yes, that would be preferable.

I note that she was a conservative spin doctor though which I wasn't aware of, and which now means that the whole picture makes more sense. I'd imagine she's an almost entirely talentless individual but that alone might well put her head and shoulders above Johnson who isn't so much limited as actively useless.

Don't underestimate her, she is hugely influential. Isn't our democracy wonderful?

Oh aye, remember just over a year ago the police had to be called out following them having a violent argument. In normal times, yet another reason he should have resigned. Now? Shows he's one of the lads. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

To be fair, his lass sounds like a nightmare. Imagine having to put up with that and run a country 

Yeah, it must’ve been awful being forced to fuck her whilst his previous missus was being treated for cancer

• Like 2

I know you have assume you're "the one" at any given time but she must know she'll be replaced at some point. 

Safety tip for her - "Don't get cancer". 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I know you have assume you're "the one" at any given time but she must know she'll be replaced at some point. 

Safety tip for her - "Don't get cancer". 

The one who got cancer can’t have too many complaints about Johnson’s behaviour seeing as he was married when she started fucking him.

I heard a quote the other day "The thing about marrying a mistress is that it creates a job  vacancy". 

James Goldsmith apparently. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1