Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

20 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It's a valid point though. We aren't eradicating it so at some point we need to face it. The longer we wait the more risk that early vaccinated peoples immunity wears off. And end game is needed and suppressing it whilst deaths are low could be counter productive 

Your mask has truly slipped in recent months  mind :lol: 

Has everyone who's had to work from home at any point cos of Coronavirus claimed tax relief on it? Cos you can and it's a piece of piss. I'd forgotten to do it til just now. 

You only have to have worked from home cos of corona for 1 day in each tax year to claim tax relief for the full year, which is:

£62.40 for basic rate taxpayers

£124.80 for higher rate taxpayers

£140.40 for top rate taxpayers (don't think Chez pays any UK tax :razz:

)

You don't have to know what the additional costs were, they'll just give relief on a nominal £6 per week... And it's available for the current tax year AND the previous two, as long as you've worked from home during each tax year. You can specify which years you're claiming for though. 

Anyway, go here:

https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/working-at-home

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Has everyone who's had to work from home at any point cos of Coronavirus claimed tax relief on it? Cos you can and it's a piece of piss. I'd forgotten to do it til just now. 

You only have to have worked from home cos of corona for 1 day in each tax year to claim tax relief for the full year, which is:

£62.40 for basic rate taxpayers

£124.80 for higher rate taxpayers

£140.40 for top rate taxpayers (don't think Chez pays any UK tax :razz:

)

You don't have to know what the additional costs were, they'll just give relief on a nominal £6 per week... And it's available for the current tax year AND the previous two, as long as you've worked from home during each tax year. You can specify which years you're claiming for though. 

Anyway, go here:

https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/working-at-home

Done, thanks for that

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

WTF? They'll change my tax code? Fuck that, I want a cheque I can exchange for cold hard cash.

I think your tax code changes for current year but you'll get a cheque for the previous years you claim for. 

Edited by Gemmill

36 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

"You cannot claim tax relief if you choose to work from home."

Bastids. :huff: 

Well, my old job made me work from home. 

My new job haven't invited me into the office yet, so...

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

TAKE THE HINT DAVE. 

You've not thought this through. The more office-based I am, the less time I can reasonably spend on here. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

You've not thought this through. The more office-based I am, the less time I can reasonably spend on here. 

That’s what you call a lose-lose situation.

• Haha 2