Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Taking Fistette Jnr for a PCR this afternoon, she’s a close contact of a Lurgy case at her school. 
Self isolating until 2nd July pending results. 

Whoopee. 
😷

Doesn't apply to Scottish footballers apparently 🤔

55 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

"An old once told me not to argue with fools, because people from a distance won't know who is who"

Jay Z on frothy mouth remainers

Two swings at that and you whiffed 'em both. 

It's no wonder the Brexiteers don't want the reality of the situation brought up; it's eerily similar to the situation that the Remain side predicted. 

Also, what's this bollocks about 'you'll not win them over by calling them stupid?' Well, they were immune to reason before the vote, what makes you think trying to reason with them now would work any better? 

This dumb fucking country voted to leave the EU because enough stupid people were duped by career bullshit artists, and had their own petty prejudices fueled by actual racists and xenophobes. 

If you voted for Brexit, you're too ignorant to be given the kind of consideration you refused others.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

It's no wonder the Brexiteers don't want the reality of the situation brought up; it's eerily similar to the situation that the Remain side predicted. 

Also, what's this bollocks about 'you'll not win them over by calling them stupid?' Well, they were immune to reason before the vote, what makes you think trying to reason with them now would work any better? 

This dumb fucking country voted to leave the EU because enough stupid people were duped by career bullshit artists, and had their own petty prejudices fueled by actual racists and xenophobes. 

If you voted for Brexit, you're too ignorant to be given the kind of consideration you refused others.

That's quite funny. 

8 hours ago, The Fish said:

What a load of shit. I know loads of sound brexiters. I mean I assume Gemmill's Mam is one. Would any of you call her a thick cunt to her face? Or is it just the anonymity of being a faceless forum poster that makes you carry on like this.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

What a load of shit. I know loads of sound brexiters. I mean I assume Gemmill's Mam is one. Would any of you call her a thick cunt to her face? Or is it just the anonymity of being a faceless forum poster that makes you carry on like this.

He didn't call anyone a think cunt tbf. He said this was a dumb fucking country - a view I fully share with him. And I'd say it to Gemmill's Mam's face, too.

I know some sound Brexiteers myself. Unfortunately, all the ones I know are also politically ignorant. Doesn't make them bad people, but does mean that at least for the ones I know they've flung us into something that they didn't comprehend.

Why is this getting to you so much anyway, what have you been reading/viewing lately that's got you so worked up about remainers. Who cares what we think, we lost, remember? What difference does any of our schadenfraude make to you? I mean from memory, you voted remain - so it's not even like you're the one being attacked here.

I don't quite get why this has become such a personal thing, I mean who are you defending, and why?

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

He didn't call anyone a think cunt tbf. He said this was a dumb fucking country - a view I fully share with him. And I'd say it to Gemmill's Mam's face, too.

I know some sound Brexiteers myself. Unfortunately, all the ones I know are also politically ignorant. Doesn't make them bad people, but does mean that at least for the ones I know they've flung us into something that they didn't comprehend.

Why is this getting to you so much anyway, what have you been reading/viewing lately that's got you so worked up about remainers. Who cares what we think, we lost, remember? What difference does any of our schadenfraude make to you? I mean from memory, you voted remain - so it's not even like you're the one being attacked here.

I don't quite get why this has become such a personal thing, I mean who are you defending, and why?

Easy. I'm sick of the whole carry on and want to see an end game yet all I see is people taking false positions to suit their argument.

For example, perhaps cheap Australian meat will give more impoverished kids access to meat.

But no. I wonder if Renton ever holidayed outside the EU. 

Given Leavers won and are also in power, it’s up to them to deliver the solutions to things like Northern Ireland and deliver the ‘end game’ you desire. You also seem to be regarding the EU as something that’s in the past, like they aren’t going to continue to be our main trading partner. They are, just on far worse terms than previously. We’re looking at something that’ll continue to be an issue (or rather a set of issues) for decades in all likelihood. Nothing that was actually predicted by the Leave campaign in terms of benefits (see the example of UK exporters having far more red tape now, rather than less - as promised) is coming to fruition. There isn’t a straightforward solution. The much vaunted trade deal with Australia is another case in point, we’ve ended up giving a far smaller economy a deal which fucks over our own farmers purely for appearances. What do you think’s going to happen if we sign a free trade deal with the USA or China? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Why is this getting to you so much anyway, what have you been viewing lately

:lol: I think we know the answer to that one. 

I reckon Quiff’s Mam has put his rent up after finding his stash of piss bottles and dodgy internet testosterone pills. 

I got notified of my tax code change yesterday and my refund for one of the tax years today - was able to request a direct transfer to my bank. Hope you other lads have had similar. 

I think I'm still waiting for one of the tax years to be processed, but we'll see. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I got notified of my tax code change yesterday and my refund for one of the tax years today - was able to request a direct transfer to my bank. Hope you other lads have had similar. 

I think I'm still waiting for one of the tax years to be processed, but we'll see. 

I got £30 last week

9 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I know a couple of people who voted for Brexit as well. On the whole, they're good people. They just didn't use critical thinking to pull apart the gossamer thin promises of the populist campaign by the Leave side. Whenever it comes up and they bitch about how difficult it is to find labourers, or how much of a fuck on it is to import stuff from the EU now, I am well within my rights to have my finger and my thumb in the shape of an L on my forehead. FWIW they both now admit they wish we'd stayed in and regret their vote. They blame the politicians for convincing them, or failing to convince them. 

Those two are fine, it's the people who don't want to take responsibility and face the consequences of their actions... they can fuck off.

• Like 1