Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

i'm not comparing the severity of the illness you get from covid to flu, or the numbers of people who will contract the virus. just that it's going to be something we have to live alongside, with annual vaccinations.

the first and second waves of the pandemic were awful. it feels different this time because of the vaccine rollout. the risk from catching it and from getting critically ill are significantly reduced, the nhs is no longer in imminent danger of being overwhelmed.

i could be wrong. these could be famous last words, but i hope that next year might be more like normal life. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

I still don't understand how there's no mechanism for even investigating the PPE contract allocation stuff. 

A fucking pub landlord is handed 30m for a business he's just started and has no knowledge of and we're just supposed to say we'll that's good entrepreneurship without wondering where the money went and how. 

It fucking stinks but hang on, he's given a 15k job to someone he's knobbing - that'll do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Johnson can't sack him because if he does he opens himself up to a lot of questions about his own past philandering. 

Aye, he's the patsy. Case of premature patsy-ejection here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooper said:

The bastard was telling people they couldn't visit dying relatives. He's an absolute cunt. 

Johnson has accepted his apology and the matter is now closed. Like you say, this is really boiling my piss. I wasn't allowed in the ward to see my sister (we were both jabbed) and she died alone yet this cunt, the fucking health secretary no less, is fucking his aide, but apparently this is okay. What message does that send, it's Barnard Castle all over again, worse in fact. Why the fuck should any of us abide by the rules they set? Why aren't people outraged by this? Where the fuck are we heading in this country? 

• Like 2

We've always known that consequences for those in charge are nothing like the consequences for the rest of us, but this lot are brazen about the fact that there are actually NO consequences for them at all. 

It'll be the downfall of them eventually, but fuck me this country takes some convincing that it's being shafted. 

• Like 2

Cheating Matt Hancock apologises for 'breaching social distancing guidance' by kissing his married aide but fails to mention his WIFE - as serial adulterer Boris indicates he WON'T be sacked and the matter is now 'closed'

a3709997780_5.jpg

Following Matt Hancock's apology for breaking social distancing, here's what he said when a scientist broke lockdown rules...

The health secretary has said he "let people down" and is "very sorry" after pictures emerged in The Sun newspaper of him kissing an aide. 

According to the newspaper, the pictures were taken on 6 May - when hugging anyone outside your household or bubble was not allowed. 

You may also remember when prominent government advisor Professor Neil Ferguson stepped down last year after a woman he was said to be in a relationship with visited his home during lockdown. 

At the time, Mr Hancock had told Sky News the incident was "extraordinary" and the scientist "took the right decision to resign". 

He had added that it was "just not possible" for Professor Ferguson to continue advising the government and the social distancing rules are "there for everyone". 

Looks like its in North East schools now. Also nightshift at Nissan has been suspended  & furloughed some staff

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/north-east-schools-covid-updates-20884866

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/nissan-furloughs-workers-after-covid-20903567

Edited by trooper

It’s modern day right wing politics. Sticking to the rules and abiding law only does matter if you are a woke lefty or a dirty immigrant. otherwise it’s like grabbing a pussy when you are famous. They let you get away with everything.

28 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It’s modern day right wing politics. Sticking to the rules and abiding law only does matter if you are a woke lefty or a dirty immigrant. otherwise it’s like grabbing a pussy when you are famous. They let you get away with everything.

Its fucking wrong though. It's the old case of "Do as I say not as I do" Boris & his fucking "Rugger Chums"