Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I initially thought of it as a harmless sex ‘scandal’ but I really don’t see how the Health Secretary can survive after breaking his own health guidelines. 

Anyone know where I can put a bet on Kwasi Kwarteng being put up for the Sunday shows this weekend?

UK reports 18,270 new COVID cases - the highest since 5 February. Given that new infections are doubling almost every 7 days now. If this trend continues we could potentially be seeing 100k+ new infections a day by July 19th it would be mental to consider unlocking everything then.

Edited by trooper

1 hour ago, trooper said:

UK reports 18,270 new COVID cases - the highest since 5 February. Given that new infections are doubling almost every 7 days now. If this trend continues we could potentially be seeing 100k+ new infections a day by July 19th it would be mental to consider unlocking everything then.

It’s going to be hard to justify not fully reopening the economy as long as hospital admissions and deaths remain low.

You would have a point if the spike in infections results in the NHS struggling to cope. But there isn’t going to be an appetite for extending restrictions indefinitely as long as the vaccine does its job and the majority of people don’t get seriously sick

You do still have the risk of long covid and to allow the virus to mutate and increase the possibility of creating one escaping vaccination and being more deadly.

It isn’t over yet.

In the end it wasn't the devastation to the economy from poorly executed lockdowns, nor the tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths. Not even the blatant corruption while he was in office.

It was a sex scandal exposed by the Sun.

And who do we get now? Which incompetent (but loyal to Johnson) minister will replace the weak fuck that is and was Hancock. I'm half expecting it to be Carrie Johnson tbh.

Edited by Rayvin

42 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Flu could mutate into a more deadly variant every year too. We don't shit our pants there. Long covid :lol:

Ah, I forgot that it is nothing else but the common flu.

At least you won’t have to fear any brain damage.

9 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You're wrong there. It's not an influenza virus mate. Thick cunt.

That’s not what really I said but at least we seem to have something in common.

If you can be arsed, there's a couple of YouTube videos knocking about with an extended interview with Eric Clapton. 

Now, the bloke is an arsehole, no question about it, but when I sat and watched it I was mostly struck by how it was just a case study in how people get their heads bent by Facebook. Talking about how his teenage kids have been brainwashed (because they believe in the science and vaccines) and you can tell that their relationship has been damaged by their dad's position on covid.