Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Aye went on that racist rant. Possible defence of likely being either on smack or absolutely blasted on booze at the time, but non-racist people probably don't go on those rants even in those circumstances. 

In this interview he slates the BAME celebrities (Lenny Henry and the like) for doing that video trying to encourage people in their community to get the vaccine. Can't remember the term he uses, "hoodwinking" or "shaming" or something like that. Alreet mate, not sure it's any of your business. 

Edited by Gemmill

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Harsh. Although in his defence, he didn't actually live with his bairn when he died. 

Isn't Clapton also a massive racist?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/eric-clapton-racist-rant/

It isn't fuckin harsh cunt wrote a song about his dead kid & released it as a single to make money out it . Cunt. 

Clapton is the cunt  here, not you. Obviously. 

I was just saying at the weekend that being seen as an outstanding performer in music turns people blind to certain things - like how Michael Jackson hasn't been Glittered out of existence. I know he wasn't convicted but neither was Savile. 

See also Clapton's racism and Bowie's flirtation with fascism - the latter being excused as being a fashion thing rather than ideological. 

Taking in isolation, the current rates of infection are now scary. North Tyneside is at its highest rate ever. Jesmond is 1280 per 100,000 which is ridiculous. And Durham city is 2,220 per 100,000 which is the highest figure I can recall for any given area at any given time point. Obviously the last two are student driven, but I feel very uncomfortable with prevalence this high. Hospital admissions are on the up as are deaths, albeit at a lower rate than previously. I know two people now who have caught covid and become quite ill (not hospital ill mind) after having two jabs of AZ. Half my daughters school are now in isolation, its a miracle we as a family have dodged that bullet but I suspect we'll get the call this week.

Is everybody confident we're at the end of this plague? It doesn't feel it to me. 

Madness to even consider fully unlocking on July 19th 

The UK has reported another 22,868 COVID cases - the highest since 30 January - according to daily government figures.

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Taking in isolation, the current rates of infection are now scary. North Tyneside is at its highest rate ever. Jesmond is 1280 per 100,000 which is ridiculous. And Durham city is 2,220 per 100,000 which is the highest figure I can recall for any given area at any given time point. Obviously the last two are student driven, but I feel very uncomfortable with prevalence this high. Hospital admissions are on the up as are deaths, albeit at a lower rate than previously. I know two people now who have caught covid and become quite ill (not hospital ill mind) after having two jabs of AZ. Half my daughters school are now in isolation, its a miracle we as a family have dodged that bullet but I suspect we'll get the call this week.

Is everybody confident we're at the end of this plague? It doesn't feel it to me. 

Yes.

1st wave hospital admissions were at 3,000 a day, In January upto 4,000 a day.

The last 10 weeks, even after the big reopening in May, hospital admissions have in the 200 hundreds a day.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Madness to even consider fully unlocking on July 19th 

The UK has reported another 22,868 COVID cases - the highest since 30 January - according to daily government figures.

And let's not forget the stupid cunt who let the delta variant in, and the reasons why (Brexit). This strain is a calamity. 

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yes.

1st wave hospital admissions were at 3,000 a day, In January upto 4,000 a day.

The last 10 weeks, even after the big reopening in May, hospital admissions have in the 200 hundreds a day.

And rising. More slowly, but rising nonetheless. And please don't forget the lag, it's only very recently cases have got to these record levels. The real issue though for me is two-fold. First, unless policy changes children's education is fucked, as well as parents' jobs when they have to look after them. Not sustainable. And secondly, there is a very real and frankly terrifying prospect a further mutation will escape the vaccines. And the probability of that is directly related to prevelence. And the problem with prevalence falls firmly on the head of Johnson. 

31st of May 3,283 new infections. Now today we have 22,868 new infections & yet theyre still saying everythings looking good for unlocking in 3 weeks time I just don't understand it 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's the opportunity to mutate into something that evades the vaccines to a greater degree that the increase in cases worries me the most. 

The fact that a lot of people who are double jabbed are getting it increases the chance of a serious mutation. We have the perfect recipe now for selective pressure on the virus to cause this. 

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

31st of May 3,283 new infections. Now today we have 22,868 new infections & yet theyre still saying everythings looking good for unlocking in 3 weeks time I just don't understand it 

It;'s fine man, ask CT, not a virologist. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

It;'s fine man, ask CT, not a virologist. 

By Johnson's unlocking day hospitalisations could be very big. Never mind there's those Nightingale,Hospitals, there's no staff to run them but hey ho they are there. 

5 minutes ago, trooper said:

Because thankfully the vaccines are doing their job and preventing those infections turning into serious hospitalisation / death.

There is no ther option other than too live with the virus and accept that as with Flu, every year it is going to claim a certain number of lives.

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

And rising. More slowly, but rising nonetheless. And please don't forget the lag, it's only very recently cases have got to these record levels. The real issue though for me is two-fold. First, unless policy changes children's education is fucked, as well as parents' jobs when they have to look after them. Not sustainable. And secondly, there is a very real and frankly terrifying prospect a further mutation will escape the vaccines. And the probability of that is directly related to prevelence. And the problem with prevalence falls firmly on the head of Johnson. 

Agree about a mutation but that could come from anywhere, anytime in the future. 

As for schools, good discussion on times radio this afternoon where teachers were calling for bubbles to be terminated. All his staff are double jabbed and it rarely effects children so no need for it to continue from September in his opinion.

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

By Johnson's unlocking day hospitalisations could be very big. Never mind there's those Nightingale,Hospitals, there's no staff to run them but hey ho they are there. 

Not what the data says or virologists suggest.

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Because thankfully the vaccines are doing their job and preventing those infections turning into serious hospitalisation / death.

There is no ther option other than too live with the virus and accept that as with Flu, every year it is going to claim a certain number of lives.

You might be right (although this is much, much more infectious than 'flu). What do you propose out of interest at this point then? Shall we just let it rip and be done with it, stop social distancing and isolation for those affected? Treat it the same as 'flu essentially? I suspect ultimately we'll have to, but aren't you just a bit annoyed this was allowed to happen. again? We could have been in a much better position, but here we are. 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Not what the data says or virologists suggest.

If you're dismissing hundreds of admission for a respiratory illness everyday - in summer - as inconsequential then you're right. And btw I hope to God you are right and things can go back to normal now, because I'm sick of this shit too. 

• Like 1