Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Got to admit like, I’m praying to be pinged by the app. As long as I don’t get symptoms like, 10 days in the house sounds unreal at the minute

I didn't get the app but I'm starting to reconsider for this reason. :lol:

Usual lucky WFH fucker caveat but I'm nervous about going back to the office - my boss said this morning he thinks there's going to be almost no pressure from on high at the moment so I'm hoping the general consensus that's its poor timing is pretty common. 

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Our rates are x1.33 or x1.5 on a Sunday or bank holiday. If you're desperate your desperate or if you've known no different I can understand but I wouldn't give up my own time for that rate. This has actually reminded me of CT once railing against the idea of shift allowances in the workplace which gave me a laugh at the time. :lol:

They've probably got away with those rates for years, I bet all the Poles bite their hand off ;)

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

Usual lucky WFH fucker caveat but I'm nervous about going back to the office - my boss said this morning he thinks there's going to be almost no pressure from on high at the moment so I'm hoping the general consensus that's its poor timing is pretty common. 

It must surely depend on your job/colleagues whether you'd prefer to work from home and obviously how much of a fuck on your commute was? 

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

They've probably got away with those rates for years, I bet all the Poles bite their hand off ;)

The rate used to be much better, got voted down to today's rate in a pay negotiation which I definitely didn't vote for even though I wouldn't have benefited from it had it gone my way. Was always double time after 12 on a Saturday, time and a half before that and double time plus a lieu day for a bank holiday at my old job so that's the metric I've held on to, rightly or wrongly. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It must surely depend on your job/colleagues whether you'd prefer to work from home and obviously how much of a fuck on your commute was? 

Commute is 10 minutes car + 35 minutes by train + 15 minute walk - it's the train that's making me nervous - they're cess pits of infection in normal times and I think even with a mask the overcrowding will be bad - I might be wrong of course. 

They've reduced the office space to a 50% occupation rate to cater for the brave new world of hybrid working - in all honesty I'd be happy with one day a week in the office and I reckon two will be acceptable - of course other people will see things differently depending on kids, house arrangements etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Commute is 10 minutes car + 35 minutes by train + 15 minute walk - it's the train that's making me nervous - they're cess pits of infection in normal times and I think even with a mask the overcrowding will be bad - I might be wrong of course. 

They've reduced the office space to a 50% occupation rate to cater for the brave new world of hybrid working - in all honesty I'd be happy with one day a week in the office and I reckon two will be acceptable - of course other people will see things differently depending on kids, house arrangements etc. 

Well there's two hours of your life you're getting back every day as well as travel costs so that would be a win. My travel time is just 40-50 mins combined on average but that's because it isn't peak traffic times, however, 12 hour shifts mean your time between shifts are precious and every minute counts as I've got to fit food, showers and sleep into what I'm left with.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I didn't get the app but I'm starting to reconsider for this reason. :lol:

Get some lemon juice on a lateral flow and take that time off, baby. We’re the ones who have had to go into work every day for 18 months with this cunt flying about, we deserve it

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well there's two hours of your life you're getting back every day as well as travel costs so that would be a win. My travel time is just 40-50 mins combined on average but that's because it isn't peak traffic times, however, 12 hour shifts mean your time between shifts are precious and every minute counts as I've got to fit food, showers and sleep into what I'm left with.

Well I'm going stir crazy stuck at home (worse at the moment with my daughter isolating which means we're all stuck in effectively). I'd fucking love 2 hours commute every day to get away from my family. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well I'm going stir crazy stuck at home (worse at the moment with my daughter isolating which means we're all stuck in effectively). I'd fucking love 2 hours commute every day to get away from my family. 

i know that feeling :lol: 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Get some lemon juice on a lateral flow and take that time off, baby. We’re the ones who have had to go into work every day for 18 months with this cunt flying about, we deserve it

Sounds like a plan!

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Doesn't bother me that much as I just ignore them as much as I can get away with. :D

Death rate risen sharply 

UK reports 36,660 new cases in last 24 hours - largest rise since January

Another 50 deaths within 28 days of a positive test have also been recorded, the highest day-on-day increase since 9 April this year.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

They’d have to be white kids.

With no other underlying health conditions and from model families in wealthy areas. Even then, that would probably only make a temporary dent on the polls at best.

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9783059/SAGE-adviser-warns-rough-winter-ahead-says-lockdown-unlikely.html

"More than 1,200 leading scientists are rebelling against No10's decision to push ahead with 'Freedom Day' on Monday, slamming the move as 'criminal' and branding the Government's return to pursuing herd immunity unethical"

SAGE modelling shows pushing the button next week could result in between 1,000 and 2,000 daily hospital admissions and 200 deaths. But worst-case projections show that hospitalisations could breach 25,000 and deaths 3,000 — which would dwarf previous peaks. 

Edited by trooper

not only will ditching masks lead to further deaths, it's also completely pointless as they will be reintroduced in a matter of weeks as cases surge even higher 

I’m not sure what difference it’ll make. The people who don’t want to comply already declare themselves exempt and it’s never challenged. Then there’s the people who don’t realise you breathe in and out if your nose too. I had to use the Metro a couple of times last week and the latest trend amongst the crazy kids seems to be wearing them round your chin. They’re just saying it’s voluntary now so they can blame the general public 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I’m not sure what difference it’ll make. The people who don’t want to comply already declare themselves exempt and it’s never challenged. Then there’s the people who don’t realise you breathe in and out if your nose too. I had to use the Metro a couple of times last week and the latest trend amongst the crazy kids seems to be wearing them round your chin. They’re just saying it’s voluntary now so they can blame the general public 

Yeah in a few weeks time when cases are rocketing. Despite SAGE, WHO & over 1,200 doctors advice not to lift everything too soon.  Boris will be saying "its not my fault I gave the people  what they wanted its their fault" Fuck him he's a cunt 

Edited by trooper
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Got to say like, I’ve been creased laughing at the lot who have been refusing to wear masks  and get the jab who are now suffering with COVID. Fuck the lot of them 

Aye, with any luck it'll be the nutters who've protested against restrictions while simultaneously spreading scare stories about the vaccine who bear the brunt of it.

Another one of my grandsons having to isolate as kid in his class has tested positive. Over the past few weeks thats my son & now 2 grandsons from different households having to isolate. Thankfully nobody developed symptoms hope the little fella doesn't either

Edited by trooper