Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I’ve got to isolate for 9 days, someone from the gym i think as that’s the only place I went yesterday.

It’s just me and the cat, who I already dislike.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve got to isolate for 9 days, someone from the gym i think as that’s the only place I went yesterday.

It’s just me and the cat, who I already dislike.

Fucking hell, test and trace got you fast like. I "made contact" last Monday and didn't get pinged by the app until the Friday. Thankfully the guy who got sick and tested positive is a good cunt and went out his way to contact everyone hed seen when he got the positive result. Shame the poor bastards still ill as fuck, definitely didn't fall into the whole anti-mask convid denier camp.

I officially get my freedom back tomorrow (the pedant in me would argue it should've been 18 minutes ago but that hardly seems like a hill dying on).

Edited by Blastronaut

14 hours ago, ewerk said:

Aye, with any luck it'll be the nutters who've protested against restrictions while simultaneously spreading scare stories about the vaccine who bear the brunt of it.

Unfortunately, doesn't work like that.

This from an article on The Mag's website someone who went to the England v Italy final. 

I was desperately trying to load the NHS app but was having no joy. As we finally got to the stewards we were just waved straight through. No tickets checked, no Covid guarantees given. Just a free-for-all for anyone and everyone to approach the stadium.

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

This from an article on The Mag's website someone who went to the England v Italy final. 

I was desperately trying to load the NHS app but was having no joy. As we finally got to the stewards we were just waved straight through. No tickets checked, no Covid guarantees given. Just a free-for-all for anyone and everyone to approach the stadium.

Trying to get your vacccination status on the NHS app is a right clart on. First of all, make sure you have the right app (it's not the covid one). Then you need to feed the app loads of details (NHS number etc) and go through loads of verification. Then you have to send them a perfectly aligned photo of your passport. Then you have to send a photo or video of yourself to prove that photo is you. Then.... I'm not sure because it hasn't worked yet. 

If authorities couldn't work out that 60k at Wembley = 20k empty seats up for grabs then they should be shot with shit. All tube stations with access to Wembley and all pedestrian routes should've had ticket cordons ie no ticket, no access to the area :cuppa:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Trying to get your vacccination status on the NHS app is a right clart on. First of all, make sure you have the right app (it's not the covid one). Then you need to feed the app loads of details (NHS number etc) and go through loads of verification. Then you have to send them a perfectly aligned photo of your passport. Then you have to send a photo or video of yourself to prove that photo is you. Then.... I'm not sure because it hasn't worked yet. 

It was simpler for me - couple of verifications but no passport or photo stuff. 

It might be because I have a different app linked to my GP for prescription ordering which it might have used the data from. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Wether the app is a bit of a fuck on to load up wasnt the problem. The fact they weren't even asked to show any proof is concerning. In 4 weeks time thr new season kicks off. With thousands of people turning up at grounds 10 minutes before kick off. There's no way they're going to be checked either. 

Just now, trooper said:

Wether the app is a bit of a fuck on to load up wasnt the problem. The fact they weren't even asked to show any proof is concerning. In 4 weeks time thr new season kicks off. With thousands of people turning up at grounds 10 minutes before kick off. There's no way they're going to be checked either. 

It would be logistically impossible to check everyone at a large entertainment venue imo. I need my vaccination status for travel - airports are a different matter clearly.

I think regarding football it really has to come down to personal responsibility. If you are vaccinated and want to take the risk, go ahead. If you're not, but want to risk it anyway, fill your boots. Nobody has to go to a football match. 

Honestly trooper, the cat is out the bag now, we can't stop this. We're either going to be relatively okay or we will face a disaster worse than anything before. I would continue mandatory mask wearing, because I don't see any downsides in that, but otherwise we really have no choice but to let this thing rip during summer. I wish we weren't in this position but the fact is we are. No lock down can now stop the exponential spread. The modelling suggests the most likely outcome is we will peak mid August now and then decline, Lets hope so anyway.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

It would be logistically impossible to check everyone at a large entertainment venue imo. I need my vaccination status for travel - airports are a different matter clearly.

I think regarding football it really has to come down to personal responsibility. If you are vaccinated and want to take the risk, go ahead. If you're not, but want to risk it anyway, fill your boots. Nobody has to go to a football match. 

Honestly trooper, the cat is out the bag now, we can't stop this. We're either going to be relatively okay or we will face a disaster worse than anything before. I would continue mandatory mask wearing, because I don't see any downsides in that, but otherwise we really have no choice but to let this thing rip during summer. I wish we weren't in this position but the fact is we are. No lock down can now stop the exponential spread. The modelling suggests the most likely outcome is we will peak mid August now and then decline, Lets hope so anyway.

I hope so as well. Me, Mrs T & the 2 adult kids that live at home are all double jabbed. But we will all continue to do what we've been doing. There's no way any of us intending charging headlong into crowded places etc. Click & collect food shopping & a little run out in the car will do for us. 

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Sorry like but if you're going to a final with 60,000 people, you've forfeited the right to expect stringent covid security. 

I agree like. Although if you can’t even have a system in place checking tickets / preventing people just storming the ground then you’ve probably forfeited your right to host the World Cup too

• Like 1

I've only ever been to the old Wembley Stadium in 1991 to see Guns n Roses. I remember it being just off the motorway near an industrial estate. Is it still in that location ? If so as PL said how was anyone allowed to get near the ground with out checking they at least had a ticket

15 minutes ago, trooper said:

I've only ever been to the old Wembley Stadium in 1991 to see Guns n Roses. I remember it being just off the motorway near an industrial estate. Is it still in that location ? If so as PL said how was anyone allowed to get near the ground with out checking they at least had a ticket

It's on the same footprint, aye. When I've been (old Wembley) I've  travelled from the centre by tube. I doubt cordoning off the whole area is legal or feasible. That said, I've heard the new builds along Wembley way lead to a kettling effect now? Maybe I'll find out for myself some time before I die if we ever get to Wembley again (play offs seems likely). 

I’ve been to new Wembley twice and had no bother at all. (England vs Brazil/NUFC away at Spurs)

It gets a lot of stick but I had so much room, a great view, the bars was easily accessible & the queues were bad. 

Some canny bars around there and then back to the globe. Enjoyable days.

29 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve been to new Wembley twice and had no bother at all. (England vs Brazil/NUFC away at Spurs)

It gets a lot of stick but I had so much room, a great view, the bars was easily accessible & the queues were bad. 

Some canny bars around there and then back to the globe. Enjoyable days.

I got the bus from Central Station at 6am on the Saturday morning. Dropped off at Wembley Stadium in for the show it was a red hot day 94c in the stadium. Skid Row, Nine Inch Nails & Guns & Roses. Bus back to Central Station arrive 6am Sunday morning. Up to Haymarket bus station & sit around until the buses started about 10am. Happy days & great memories 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

94c is certainly toasty.

Yeah spent a fortune in the stadium as they were only selling the smallest bottles of carling ive ever seen at £4 a pop. 

Sebastian Bach was pissed off as the band had received a letter from the council saying they'd stop the show if the used the word "Fuck" in the show. They had a song called Get The Fuck Out which they played after Baz read out the letter

36 minutes ago, trooper said:

Yeah spent a fortune in the stadium as they were only selling the smallest bottles of carling ive ever seen at £4 a pop. 

£4 a pop in 1991? Par for the course I suppose.

I was paying £6 a pint in Hyde Park in 2016.