Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They've kept this quiet till it suited them. 

There's been another Tory spouting this line across all the news channels this morning as well. 

You're NEVER gonna guess what's happened though? No 10 has piped up and said this is bullshit, you all still have to isolate. :lol:

These tits are not fit to run a fucking bath. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What is the point in self isolation if they're just going to let it rip through the population anyway?

I said that to my lass the other day. Back when they were trying to contain the spread of infection it made sense. Now it’s just a pointless inconvenience. You’ve got events taking place with thousands of people mixing with no real controls and at the same time you’re saying people can’t take their kids out for some fresh air. 

12 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wor lass has been pinged and it seems like the contact was work on Friday (she was nowhere else) so she’s contacted them and they say that they she has to come in, unless she has a positive test :lol: What a shambles.

That’s the official line with the NHS :lol: A bit like the above example. You’d be breaking restrictions if you went out for a walk but it’s fine if you’re looking after vulnerable patients 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That’s the official line with the NHS :lol: A bit like the above example. You’d be breaking restrictions if you went out for a walk but it’s fine if you’re looking after vulnerable patients 

It’s beyond belief. There’s little wonder there’s so much resentment about the whole thing now when you consider that, like you say, people are apparently fine to work but not play. And then you consider that places aren’t even paying full wage through your isolation days or making people use their sick days (if they have any left after probably having the virus or isolating waiting for tests) and it’s little wonder people are just deleting the app and flicking the v’s at everything. All practical and medical considerations are out of the window because they’re horrified at actually having to give out some social welfare anymore.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s beyond belief. There’s little wonder there’s so much resentment about the whole thing now when you consider that, like you say, people are apparently fine to work but not play. And then you consider that places aren’t even paying full wage through your isolation days or making people use their sick days (if they have any left after probably having the virus or isolating waiting for tests) and it’s little wonder people are just deleting the app and flicking the v’s at everything. All practical and medical considerations are out of the window because they’re horrified at actually having to give out some social welfare anymore.

Downloaded the app but as I'm off this week and it's lush like fuck am I actually going to activate it. :lol: Haven't been off once bar using a days holiday waiting for a test result back in October as I had some symptoms. Our place are normally Nazis for sickness but there was a spell where it wasn't included as sickness and was full pay. That's when I should've had the app! :lol: (Plenty used it and on more than one occasion). Anyway, it's been a case of using holidays, unpaid leave or going on your sick record for a good while now so there's no personal benefit to it at all but obviously you're helping reduce the spread apparently. I'm in two minds to not bother with it except now there's now more 'freedom' I'm more likely to actually get it/come into contact where up until the brief relaxations I've been playing by the rules so didn't feel the need for it and really don't trust the source of the app or their intentions with my/our data. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

They've kept this quiet till it suited them. 

You can't trust anything Lord Grimstone says. That bugger's after the Iron Throne.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I don't want to put trooper out of a job, but the deaths number today is chunky. It'll be a weekend catchup, but still.... 

No problem mate 

COVID-19: UK records 46,558 new cases and 96 more deaths - highest number of fatalities since March

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm starting to see masks as a useful way to grow a secret moustache. Can't wait to whip that bad boy off at work and see the surprise on the lads face. 

The Critic Dancing GIF

• Haha 2

Boris Johnson: "We want people to exercise their personal responsibility but remember the value of face coverings both in protecting themselves and others."

Tory MPs: E60LclPWYAMheoe?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Your resident high t muscleman is double protected against the wuhan lab plague as of today

No, still another 4 weeks till I get my second jab

• Haha 2