Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

We're having a Q&A about returning to the office (phased, no pressure) and some stupid twat has asked how soon can we have a huge piss-up to celebrate the return. 

Far too polite a reply from the head cheese. 

• Haha 2

Spent the day in hospital yesterday. About an hour after the covid swab and without any explanation I got wheeled away into a red zone in the acute assessment unit. All individual isolation rooms with big red stop signs on each door. Absolutely shit myself, thought I'd tested positive and was gonna be stuck there for the foreseeable. 

Seriously ominous vibe about that unit even after finding out it wasn't a covid ward and I'd tested negative.

5 hours ago, NJS said:

We're having a Q&A about returning to the office (phased, no pressure) and some stupid twat has asked how soon can we have a huge piss-up to celebrate the return. 

Far too polite a reply from the head cheese. 

We are already back to having regular meetings to discuss different kind of beers in the office. Far better than having those discussions about taste with the kids at home.

3 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Spent the day in hospital yesterday. About an hour after the covid swab and without any explanation I got wheeled away into a red zone in the acute assessment unit. All individual isolation rooms with big red stop signs on each door. Absolutely shit myself, thought I'd tested positive and was gonna be stuck there for the foreseeable. 

Seriously ominous vibe about that unit even after finding out it wasn't a covid ward and I'd tested negative.

You’re just going to leave us hanging, then? :lol:

Was it galloping crotch rot? 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You’re just going to leave us hanging, then? :lol:

Was it galloping crotch rot? 

If only. Collapsed lung. Probably my 6th but the first in about 12 years and easily the most efficiently dealt with. In and out in about 8 hours.

Guess they don't fuck around with anything respiratory related these days. "Get this cunt in isolation and don't go near him until we're sure it's not covid".

9 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

If only. Collapsed lung. Probably my 6th but the first in about 12 years and easily the most efficiently dealt with. In and out in about 8 hours.

Guess they don't fuck around with anything respiratory related these days. "Get this cunt in isolation and don't go near him until we're sure it's not covid".

Shit man, glad to hear you got sorted quickly. 

Cheers Gemmill. It's all good though. I'm an old hand at this. Just a bit fucked off that it's happened again after all this time. 

Seriously uncomfortable few hours though and I'm not even talking about the lung. Locked in a single room in a part of the hospital where everyone's on high alert for a rapidly spreading respiratory virus. Even trying to get out of there after I'd been discharged was an ordeal, locked up like Fort Knox. Nightmarish. 

Edit just to add: none of that was meant to disrespect any NHS staff or call any of the regulations into question. Was a massive eye opener for me how hospitals are having to operate right now. 

Edited by Blastronaut

The Guardian is going in hard on the line that the government have bungled this self isolation operation given that COVID is now so widespread again after opening up that we're seeing food shortages as too many people are having to self isolate. Is this genuinely happening?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/23/england-facing-weeks-of-pingdemic-disruption-to-services-and-food-supply

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

The Guardian is going in hard on the line that the government have bungled this self isolation operation given that COVID is now so widespread again after opening up that we're seeing food shortages as too many people are having to self isolate. Is this genuinely happening?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/23/england-facing-weeks-of-pingdemic-disruption-to-services-and-food-supply

Yes mate. 
I’m working for Sainsburys delivering online shopping , less then half the staff are in, the stock is very depleted as the truckers are in the same boat.
No one is going hungry just yet but Timmy and Philippa are going to have to get used to no Cold-pressed XXV olive oil on their mung bean salad for breakfast :lol:

• Haha 1

Symptons came on last night, <24hrs after the doors to the O2 Academy opened, thus making contracting the virus there very unlikely indeed.  However, if my results come back positive I may have infected 2k others  😪

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Yes mate. 
I’m working for Sainsburys delivering online shopping , less then half the staff are in, the stock is very depleted as the truckers are in the same boat.
No one is going hungry just yet but Timmy and Philippa are going to have to get used to no Cold-pressed XXV olive oil on their mung bean salad for breakfast :lol:

What about cherry tomatoes?

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Symptons came on last night, <24hrs after the doors to the O2 Academy opened, thus making contracting the virus there very unlikely indeed.  However, if my results come back positive I may have infected 2k others  😪

bhUIzw0.gif

:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Just ordered a pint at the bar and I’m feeling great about it. This is truly what John Braveheart was talking about when he shouted on about freedom

Jock Braveheart to you, Englander :cuppa:

Think I’ve just about hit my limit with one of my mates, he’s a big anti-vax type (but denies being anti-vax he’s just questioning things he says). I’ve not seen my father or sister in nearly 2 years at this point due to all the travel restrictions, so my dad hasn’t met his 9 month old granddaughter. Meanwhile this ball bag constantly puts his rants in the group WhatsApp I’m in, arguing with basically the entire group, yelling about his rights and a multitude of other things all the while sharing absolute fucking nonsense articles wrote by people that have zero medical knowledge and acting like they’re all fact, and that any other news source is agenda led propaganda. I’ve argued with him in the past but it just goes fucking nowhere.

This morning the whopper decides to post a fucking petition some throbber is sending round about how we shouldn’t have vaccine passports and that sort of thing. I’m genuinely at the point where I don’t regard him as a mate anymore, I just called him a stupid cunt if he thinks I give a single fuck about his opinions on individual freedoms and muted the group for a bit. He wasn’t worried about what he deemed the small threat COVID posed to him (why give a fuck about anyone else?) so why is he arsed about the even smaller percentage he’d be effected in anyway by the vaccine? I’d be more willing to respect his hesitancy regarding the vaccine if he didn’t celebrate “freedom day” by snorting lines of coke he bought from what I assume must be Bykers most careful and trustworthy drug dealer, before buying some fucking anti-parasite drug from India off the internet called Ivermectin that apparently is all the rage with other anti vax idiots to prevent COVID (the authorities are very strongly warding off this one due to the litany of side effects that it creates even when used for it’s intended purpose). 

No point at all in this post btw, just needed to vent about the tit and I’ve been climbing the walls of the house now and feel like we have a way forward out of all of this but people like this have suddenly decided to question absolutely everything unless some helmet on a podcast that’s been demonetized is saying it. I know others have lost more than me, I saw Renton had posted the loss of his sister a few months ago which I’m really sorry to hear about and my condolences, this just serves as even more reason for me to be absolutely sick to the back teeth about people like this. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4