Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Who was watching the baby when you typed all of that out :lol:

Napping thank fuck :lol:. Better here than typing it to him and having my phone vibrating knowing he’s coming out with his spew while being unable to call him a divvy. 

1 hour ago, Sonatine said:

Crazies and conmen the lot of them :idiot:

All perfectly normal stuff and we're definitely not in deep fucking trouble as a country :good:

• Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 3

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

All perfectly normal stuff and we're definitely not in deep fucking trouble as a country :good:

Medical science can now transplant all organs, hands, even faces...but if it suggests a mask would be good in Sainsburys or a vaccine would free all of us its on trial for its life :jesuswept:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Death threats to medical staff are certainly  more acceptable than rightfully calling the PM a liar in parliament…

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Piers Morgan says its the worst thing he's had as an adult and he's double jabbed. Soon it'll be dangerous even to the vaccinated. And before any normality even resumes. How many will be up for 2 doses of an updated vaccine? 

Not me.

Almost like the flu vaccine that's updated every year? 

I thought that the anti-lockdown brigade were arguing that covid is just like the flu and we should treat it as such? Except we vaccinate about 15mil Brits a year with the flu vaccine. And the same twerps are against vaccines apparently. 

So do we treat it like the flu or not? 

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Death threats to medical staff are certainly  more acceptable than rightfully calling the PM a liar in parliament…

That silly bitch sells herself as a medical expert. She was a beauty nurse who prescribed and injected Botox for a living. And she's been struck off now so she can't even do that anymore 

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Piers Morgan says its the worst thing he's had as an adult and he's double jabbed. Soon it'll be dangerous even to the vaccinated. And before any normality even resumes. How many will be up for 2 doses of an updated vaccine? 

Not me.

I mentioned having to isolate a few weeks ago after my unvaccinated mate got really ill from covid and almost every single person he'd  seen on his birthday weekend also turned in positive results.

Cunts still suffering weeks later and the vaccinated folk that tested positive in the aftermath have had little to no symptoms. 

I'll take any updated doses that are on offer, thank you very much.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Not me.

Out of genuine curiosity why not? What about getting it was a problem that means you wouldnt do it again? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Almost like the flu vaccine that's updated every year? 

I thought that the anti-lockdown brigade were arguing that covid is just like the flu and we should treat it as such? Except we vaccinate about 15mil Brits a year with the flu vaccine. And the same twerps are against vaccines apparently. 

So do we treat it like the flu or not? 

Not sure what your point is here. Mine is that we won't even have returned to normality before this current vaccine is toast. We were promised this vaccine would be the silver bullet to normality but it's looking increasingly likely that it won't be. How do you then persuade people to get an updated one? 

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Out of genuine curiosity why not? What about getting it was a problem that means you wouldnt do it again? 

I'm in a low risk category and got the vaccine as part of a greater effort to reach herd immunity and return to normality. I'll be of the view that we should focus on only jabbing the vulnerable if that was a failed experiment. 

Whether you get vaccinated again is your choice, but I don't think there's ever been a belief that this was a one shot and done situation. Boosters and the idea that this is now gonna be a permanent fixture have been talked about since long before I got my first jab. 

• Like 2

Booster vaccines are scheduled for vulnerable groups in September. This is a process, not a fait accompli  :cuppa:

Oh and hats off to the NHS testing team for their quick work, roughly 18.5 hrs to get test results through  :D

589CAFCD-0691-4C81-ADB2-6D3AE5875BDF.jpeg

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Not sure what your point is here. Mine is that we won't even have returned to normality before this current vaccine is toast. We were promised this vaccine would be the silver bullet to normality but it's looking increasingly likely that it won't be. How do you then persuade people to get an updated one? 

My point is the Flu mutates every year and every year 15million people get a new vaccine. So it's a duff argument 

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

My point is the Flu mutates every year and every year 15million people get a new vaccine. So it's a duff argument 

But the logistics of vaccine rollout render this almost impossible. The Delta variant is chinning double vaccinated people before the rollout of the current vac has even finished

45 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

But the logistics of vaccine rollout render this almost impossible. The Delta variant is chinning double vaccinated people before the rollout of the current vac has even finished

The current vaccine still works against the Delta variant. As evidenced by most intensive care patients in the country being  unvaccinated