Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I mean by the time I got offered this one there was already new variants that it struggles against. Unless I'm offered one hot off of the press that chins everything about then I'm not arsed. And anything that comes out will have been getting developed for 6 months. I don't see how vaccines ever get ahead 

8 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I felt like shit the day after my last one.

What happened to our "resident high t muscleman"?  This old bastard got no reaction whatsoever to the jab.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It is polarised that anybody that doesn't want an annual vaccination is suddenly on the other side of the argument. I think higher risk groups should absolutely get annual jabs. 

Do you not get annual flu jabs?

I do. Because I'm really clever and smart and wise.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Do you not get annual flu jabs?

I do. Because I'm really clever and smart and wise.

I was wondering the same. I'm not eligible for whatever reason but if I was you could bet your life I'd take it, even knowing it's not a 100% guarantee I won't get the flu.

Edited by Blastronaut

:lol: genuinely thought they were only for the elderly. I mean I could risk wading into my local gp surgery, germ ridden and people coughing and spluttering in the waiting room, to get vaccinated against a virus that I'm not in a risk category for. But I might catch flu off the trip before the antibodies even kick in.

I’ve made it this far and I'm in rude health. Because I'm smart and clever

I used to get the flu jab as an employee of the NHS. You got a cool sticker saying "Flu Fighter" to stick on your lanyard and a voucher for a free coffee. I'll get one now for supposedly having asthma (I don't, only have an allergy to animal fur, but will still get it). My wife pays £10 for hers. Kids get them at school (intranasal ones). If you've experienced full on influenza before you'd be stupid not to get one, it ruined Christmas for me once, bed bound for several days. Never had it since I started getting vaccinated and never had a reaction to the vaccine.

MInd, I informally get 3 or 4 colds a year. Haven't had one now since November 2019. Expecting a viral backlash this winter. 

5 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

I was wondering the same. I'm not eligible for whatever reason but if I was you could bet your life I'd take it, even knowing it's not a 100% guarantee I won't get the flu.

Last few years they've been offered to everyone by work and, because I've had full on flu before and didn't enjoy it, I prefer to get a little prick, than be a total prick. Proper flu is fucking awful, had me laid out for a week surviving on soup, self-pity and seasons of the West Wing.

An unexpected bonus of COVID is that the NHS have me confused for a feeb and I was head of the queue for COVID and Flu jabs. Hope there are more benefits to come. Free cybernetics and shit.

I got a proper nasty dose of flu in early 1994. I was full on delirious at one stage and could hardly get out of bed for a week. I was in my first year of university and I can remember next to my bed there was a bin that was half filled with puke, except the puke consisted almost exclusively of green phlegm. Two or three weeks after the worst of it I still struggled to keep food down. Bar the two stone I lost I couldn’t fancy that again 

Edited by Alex

19 hours ago, Renton said:

Looks like the gamble has paid off. There's enough immunity now to stop incidence, basically we are finally on course for herd immunity. Save for a vaccine escaping mutant, it looks like we are in the home straight to me. 

Yup, it felt like a massive punt but numbers coming down while we’re fully unlocked is massive. 

Even No. 10 has said today that they think it's cos the latest lifting of  restrictions hasn't filtered through to the numbers yet. 

So let's not start sucking one another's dicks just yet, lads. 

I'll say this though, it's taken the wind right out of trooper's sails. ;)

• Haha 3

Aye, isn't the incubation period still said to be up to 14 days? Give it at least another few weeks and bear in mind July/August is hardly peak season for respiratory illnesses.

Got to admit though I'm hugely entertained by this "I'm in rude health/my arm hurt/I might catch the flu at the doctor's" patter from TGQ.

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Even No. 10 has said today that they think it's cos the latest lifting of  restrictions hasn't filtered through to the numbers yet. 

So let's not start sucking one another's dicks just yet, lads. 

I'll say this though, it's taken the wind right out of trooper's sails. ;)

Yeah but numbers didn’t start to decline during the previous waves until restrictions were tightened. That has to bode well. I can’t think what else would explain it other than herd immunity