Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

21 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Vaccine sides disproportionately effect young stallions with the pfizer one. Which did you get? 

AZ - far too old for the good one here in Oz, where we don't have enough Pfizer

11 hours ago, Alex said:

I got a proper nasty dose of flu in early 1994. I was full on delirious at one stage and could hardly get out of bed for a week. I was in my first year of university and I can remember next to my bed there was a bin that was half filled with puke, except the puke consisted almost exclusively of green phlegm. Two or three weeks after the worst of it I still struggled to keep food down. Bar the two stone I lost I couldn’t fancy that again 

Sounds like my first year at Uni, as well 🍻 :sick: 🍻

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Well it's no wonder you didn't get sides off the sewer water they've put in you

After all the fuss everyone else is making about the effects of the jab, pretty sure I got the placebo.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

After all the fuss everyone else is making about the effects of the jab, pretty sure I got the placebo.

“Where’s the bloody manager?! I demand blood clots!”

• Haha 4

I mean I remember being given a lecture with my class by a party official when I lived there that went along the lines of "Prostitution does not exist in China. But if it did, you would be arrested for getting involved with it".

If the question here is whether or not the CCP is capable of lying about this issue, the answer is 100% yes. See also the US government. No government in the world is beyond that, frankly - except maybe the European ones.

I don't think that was ever the contention. It was that there was no evidence.

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Because they are actively preventing people from gathering it :lol:

Which is something they or any other major country would do irrespective of whether or not they had something to hide. Would the US let international inspectors in to verify whether or not it had done something like this?

It's just as likely that they wouldn't want someone to come in and expose the fact that their safety regulations/responses to the issue were entirely inadequate. We just don't have the evidence to speculate. I'm also not entirely sure what good comes of assuming or even knowing that they created it in a lab. We can't sue them, we won't go to war over it and we're not going to stop trading with them. We would see a global anti-Chinese backlash that would affect the lives of many innocent Chinese people quite negatively.

You could argue that the truth is all that matters but the last thing we need IMO is to give the sort of people who voted for Trump something they can cling onto that might legitimise everything he said. "Trump was right about the China virus, maybe he was right about drinking bleach too!" While that particular example would solve many of the world's problems, I can't countenance it in good faith - sadly.

Edited by Rayvin

In a geopolitical sense maybe you're right. Also it seems more and more certain to me that they're going to take back Taiwan, so the more the international community is opposed to them, the harder that will become.

Either way though, I suspect a lot of innocent Chinese people will suffer a lot of abuse.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

In a geopolitical sense maybe you're right. Also it seems more and more certain to me that they're going to take back Taiwan, so the more the international community is opposed to them, the harder that will become.

Either way though, I suspect a lot of innocent Chinese people will suffer a lot of abuse.

So, 越变越一样 then?

• Like 1

I used the metro for the first time today in 18 months or so. We have a lovely city centre office I want to use but realistically I won't ever be there more than 2 or 3 days a week. And to an extent that's where the disadvantages become clear - 1 1/2 hour return commute and £5.40 per day. Won't use the metro enough to justify a pass, but seeing the cost upfront is off-putting. Driving is quicker but parking is  £6.30 or more a day. Again, won't use it enough to justify a pass. And last week I got a ticket despite paying on an app (I'm appealing). Right hassle. I don't like driving much but I was amazed by the amount of scruffy cunts not wearing masks on the metro. Unless people are given incentives to come into an office, or are forced to, the city centre will die. Our office block could probably take 300 at near full capacity but there was a fire alarm last week and I counted 18 people in the whole place. 

Metro is bampsville during the summer hols especially. But I had to use it when mask wearing wax still mandated and hardly anyone was and half the rest not properly 

8 hours ago, Renton said:

I used the metro for the first time today in 18 months or so. We have a lovely city centre office I want to use but realistically I won't ever be there more than 2 or 3 days a week. And to an extent that's where the disadvantages become clear - 1 1/2 hour return commute and £5.40 per day. Won't use the metro enough to justify a pass, but seeing the cost upfront is off-putting. Driving is quicker but parking is  £6.30 or more a day. Again, won't use it enough to justify a pass. And last week I got a ticket despite paying on an app (I'm appealing). Right hassle. I don't like driving much but I was amazed by the amount of scruffy cunts not wearing masks on the metro. Unless people are given incentives to come into an office, or are forced to, the city centre will die. Our office block could probably take 300 at near full capacity but there was a fire alarm last week and I counted 18 people in the whole place. 

Still no seagulls though.

Most people here a fine with sticking to the rules and are wearing medical masks without making a fuzz.

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Still no seagulls though.

Most people here a fine with sticking to the rules and are wearing medical masks without making a fuzz.

Aye but you live in a civilised country