Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Richard Fairbrass out of Right Said Fred in hospital with covid..... 

:lol:

Not laughing at Fairbrass being hospitalised, well maybe a bit, but ewerk"s reaction to it. 

How many of the steady flow of deaths are of people who are vaccinated? I know the average age of those dying there is pushing 80, though there are still plenty that are under 60 also dying.

Just considering what will happen here when we inevitably begin to ease restrictions once the vaccination levels reach 70 or 80%.

43 minutes ago, OTF said:

How many of the steady flow of deaths are of people who are vaccinated? I know the average age of those dying there is pushing 80, though there are still plenty that are under 60 also dying.

Just considering what will happen here when we inevitably begin to ease restrictions once the vaccination levels reach 70 or 80%.

It's an interesting question and i don't know. I had a look and it seems in the UK data analysis on this is being published next month.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/announcements/deaths-involving-covid-19-by-vaccination-status-england-deaths-occurring-between-1-january-and-2-july-2021

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ah good. The vaccines are only 50% effective after 4 months. Thrice yearly boosters anyone? 

Depressing. Yeah, looks like a booster is needed, Israel data is a worry. Like last year this month may be as good as it gets (and it's already a lot worse now than last August now in terms of cases, admissions, and deaths). 

I read an argument that catching the virus offers better immunity than any vaccine. If you're protected against serious illness then better catching it than a booster. Something to do with natural immunity targeting all proteins rather than just the spike protein. 

I’m more or less at peace with the fact we’re all going to have to get this virus at some point. Know loads of doubke-jabbed people who’ve had it now. One colleague had it twice in the space of 7 months 

6 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I read an argument that catching the virus offers better immunity than any vaccine. If you're protected against serious illness then better catching it than a booster. Something to do with natural immunity targeting all proteins rather than just the spike protein. 

Quite a few studies now from Oxford university among others have confirmed that’s a load of tosh.

41 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

But that's a different issue. The question posed was is it better to catch the virus vs booster jabs for those already vaccinated. Natural immunity attacks more than the spike protein and thus is better equipped for variants 

And the answer is no, of course it's not better to catch the virus! There's a slim chance you might die, and a higher chance you might be long term fucked by it. You asked for the references and he gave them to you. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

And the answer is no, of course it's not better to catch the virus! There's a slim chance you might die, and a higher chance you might be long term fucked by it. You asked for the references and he gave them to you. 

This. If you could catch it and have no immediate or long term effects we sure as fuck wouldn't be 458 pages deep into this discussion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No he gave me references answering a different question. The answer is yes btw.