Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is this to do with power of attorney or are they just not letting people in hospitals? 

My uncle (89 y/o) was in for a few weeks a month or so back and we weren’t allowed in either. 

Nowt to do with PoA, just the regulations of Northumbria Trust. The home he's going to is treated as a ward because its intermediate care. Not sure why I can't see him outside if/when he is more mobile like (weather aside obviously). I think each trust will have its own policies and might be different for less vulnerable groups than geriatrics. In a way it saves me some emotional pain because judging by him on the phone his cognitive function is in terminal decline, but it must be a nightmare for him and my Mum. 

• Sad 2

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10095025/False-negatives-testing-site-Covid-sufferers-Berkshire-mistakenly-given-clear.html

Health chiefs suspend Covid testing at Wolverhampton lab given £120million Government deal over fears 45,000 infected people were wrongly given the all-clear

• Immensa Health Clinic processes PCRs mostly from the South West of England

• But an investigation found it may have been checking swabs incorrectly 

• Health chiefs said they will be asking affected people to get a second test

45,000 potential positive cases out in the community. Its  absolutely crazy. You could sort of understand 1 or 2 but 45,000 is gross incompetence .

Edited by trooper

Fuck me, I wish I was the person these helmets were handing this shit over to. 

Fucking turning up in his tracksuit ffs. 

That lass should have been dropping those envelopes in the bin as quickly as he was putting them in her hand. 

My favourite was one of the cripples they had with them mumbling "... well legally you do..." when the chief mong told her that she had to take the envelopes into her hand. :lol:

No way this shit happens in a world without Facebook btw. I hope Zuckerberg gets arse cancer. 

• Like 2

9.5k UK deaths from Covid since July 17th ie “freedom day”…

do 9.5k die from flu in 3 months from summer into autumn in a normal flu year?…

Oh and this….it’s ok  folks, you can’t catch Covid in the workplace from colleagues apparently 😒

• Jaysus... 2

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

9.5k UK deaths from Covid since July 17th ie “freedom day”…

do 9.5k die from flu in 3 months from summer into autumn in a normal flu year?…

Oh and this….it’s ok  folks, you can’t catch Covid in the workplace from colleagues apparently 😒

You just know they're deliberately doing this for a certain demographic.

The Mail...

Government has so far resisted growing pressure to revert to winter 'Plan B' and bring back masks and WFH

But there are fears hospital rates could rise with just 4m out of the 8.7m eligible patients in England boosted

Symptom-tracking study today estimated there are 82,000 infections in UK per day - double official number  

I arrived in Cyprus earlier and its good to see somewhere still taking it seriously - you couldn't even get off the walkway from the plane without showing the flight pass document which has your covid status. 

They have an immigration security thing just before passport control where a machine scans your passport and takes a photo which you obviously take your mask off for but 3 metres later the bloke at actual passport control reminded me to put my mask back on. 

All this time in the UK, I haven't seen a single person's mask wearing questioned.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NJS said:

I arrived in Cyprus earlier and its good to see somewhere still taking it seriously - you couldn't even get off the walkway from the plane without showing the flight pass document which has your covid status. 

They have an immigration security thing just before passport control where a machine scans your passport and takes a photo which you obviously take your mask off for but 3 metres later the bloke at actual passport control reminded me to put my mask back on. 

All this time in the UK, I haven't seen a single person's mask wearing questioned.

Aye, I was in Amsterdam last week and just like NI it was pretty much masks everywhere but what really liked was the covid passport needed for most things. Going into a bar, restaurant or attraction it was a quick check and off you go. Of course I have an EU covid passport so it was a piece of piss but I dunno if it recognises your blue QR codes.

• Haha 4

This plan b, which hardly constitutes a plan. Just how shitty do things need to get before it’s implemented? It’s just asking people to wear masks and work from home isn’t it? There was no need to end the mandatory wearing of masks in public places anyway (except to appease morons). And like NJS alludes to, even when it was mandatory no one challenged it anyway. Rising cases, rising hospitalisations and 150-200 deaths a day and we’re not even into winter yet. You’d think any measures, even more lockdowns, would be relatively ineffective now anyway because of the inevitable lack of compliance 

• Like 2

He's gonna do the same as he's done every time before. Wait until it's way out of control then hold a bumbling press conference to announce plan b. 

Of course if there'd been a public inquiry, he might not find it so easy to keep doing the same stupid shit over and over again. 

• Like 3

Yeah I've heard of a few people in the same households as those who have it somehow avoiding catching it too. Just be as careful as you can be I guess.

Force them to live in the shed for a while, as long as you agree to pay for therapy afterwards?

• Haha 2