Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He’s clearly had some training, but he’ll need a bit of work yet. 
Lovely temperament so far. 

Good luck with him Fist just be aware through no fault of their own they will break your heart and cause you untold worry.

At least with kids you can just kick them out of the house when they are of age. Furkids you have to watch get sick and old.

Test and Trace is a piss take mind.

Landed back from Rhodes 2 days ago. Had to prebook a day 2 LFT to be allowed on the flight home. £20 each which is a massive markup and no doubt most of the testing companies are owned by Tory donors.

Just got pinged this morning as a close contact. Some knob on the flight obviously went straight for a PCR when they landed in Newcastle. I don't have to isolate as I'm triple jabbed but I do have to get a PCR.

I spoke to test and trace and asked if I could scrap the LFT as it seems daft to get an LFT and PCR on the same day. Especially as the LFT is only about 60% ish accurate. They just couldn't get their heads around it :lol: I won the argument in the end 

Also, over 4's need to get an LFT when they return to the UK, but under 18s don't need to get a PCR if they get pinged. Work that one out!? 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

I ordered my day 2 test for next week from Boots - probably tories somewhere along the line but definitely not set up on the fly by one of the present pack of bastards' chums. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That sounds like good news. So we may not be heading back to Christmas lockdowns then?

Hopefully not. We’ve had high numbers for a while so it’s about time we saw them come down. With the booster rollout and the general level of immunity in the country we must surely be near the end of this thing (famous last words)

• Like 1

They’re finally bringing in covid passports over here. I’m not sure if they’ve been shown to have a measurable positive effect but if it keeps the morons out of the bars and persuades some of the apathetic to get the jab then I’m all for it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They’re finally bringing in covid passports over here. I’m not sure if they’ve been shown to have a measurable positive effect but if it keeps the morons out of the bars and persuades some of the apathetic to get the jab then I’m all for it.

We’ve got those, unfortunately they got rarely checked, meaning the morons got away with it creating an awful mess.

So Austria is going into full lockdown and are going to mandate vaccination, no idea how that is going to implemented. It's interesting, whilst I normally regard Germanic nations as being pragmatic and sensible, they have a long tradition of believing in alternative medicine and homeopathy in particular, and of course being anti-vaccine. Even in more benign times I despaired at this idiocy but now it's well and truly come full circle and is fucking up the country. At last we can get one over @Isegrim as we have marginally less idiots on this score. 

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

So Austria is going into full lockdown and are going to mandate vaccination, no idea how that is going to implemented. It's interesting, whilst I normally regard Germanic nations as being pragmatic and sensible, they have a long tradition of believing in alternative medicine and homeopathy in particular, and of course being anti-vaccine. Even in more benign times I despaired at this idiocy but now it's well and truly come full circle and is fucking up the country. At last we can get one over @Isegrim as we have marginally less idiots on this score. 

Austria is even worse and making vaccinations mandatory albeit starting in February for some strange reasons. They are having a full lockdown now as well.

The problem in Germany are especially those fascist idiots living in eastern Germany who should fuck off to Russia tbh. Or to Gotham.

As for homeopathy, those people believing in this sort off humbug but not in vaccinations should fuck off to some remote island as well. Preferably one with large carnivores. But it would be a start if health insurers would stop paying for placebo treatments.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Austria is even worse and making vaccinations mandatory albeit starting in February for some strange reasons. They are having a full lockdown now as well.

The problem in Germany are especially those fascist idiots living in eastern Germany who should fuck off to Russia tbh. Or to Gotham.

As for homeopathy, those people believing in this sort off humbug but not in vaccinations should fuck off to some remote island as well. Preferably one with large carnivores. But it would be a start if health insurers would stop paying for placebo treatments.

Problems in Bavaria too, now undergoing lockdown.

23 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I remember Isegrim putting homeopathic remedies in all the lass's drinks in Gotham actually. At least that's what he said they were. 

Are suggesting he has a bit of a dodgy rapeutation