Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

About a third of my daughters' classes are off with it already. Their LFTs are still always negative though, as are mine. Honestly don't know how we've avoided it so far. 

Same here. I don’t personally know anyone who has had it. Bloody lucky.

My lass has avoided it despite having to teach all your shit house kids. Lass in my team at work got it a couple of weeks ago and about 8 days in she had a genuine I might have to go to hospital day, where she couldn't catch her breath. Double jabbed and shitting it, but she was on the mend a couple of days later. 

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

All the schools around here are preparing for wfh. Emails asking have kids got laptops and teachers sorting online plans.

Either just being cautious or expecting closure in weeks.

I think they’ve probably just learnt that they need to have plans in place because they get fuck all notice, support etc from the government about the changes. I find it pretty unlikely they’ll have been given a heads up about planned school closures because I think that’s miles away at the minute (in terms of govt planning as opposed to a possible need in the near future). You’ve got a health secretary who thinks  mandating the wearing of masks on public transport and in retail is a huge deal. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My lass has avoided it despite having to teach all your shit house kids. Lass in my team at work got it a couple of weeks ago and about 8 days in she had a genuine I might have to go to hospital day, where she couldn't catch her breath. Double jabbed and shitting it, but she was on the mend a couple of days later. 

Stories like this are a reminder it’s far from business as usual still.

A bloke at work was sick with COVID itself for about 5 days but then had to take four months off with long covid. Said he had to sleep for about 18 hours a day. He couldn’t muster the energy to do anything. A fit and healthy kid in his early 30s too. 

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Stories like this are a reminder it’s far from business as usual still.

A bloke at work was sick with COVID itself for about 5 days but then had to take four months off with long covid. Said he had to sleep for about 18 hours a day. He couldn’t muster the energy to do anything. A fit and healthy kid in his early 30s too. 

I work with a few like that. 

Renton's champagne truffles and steak sound nice but I'll stick with our usual Christmas 'hamper' we get with packets of Cheerios, Maggi packets and general shit like that. (Wish I was kidding). :lol:

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I work with a few like that. 

Renton's champagne truffles and steak sound nice but I'll stick with our usual Christmas 'hamper' we get with packets of Cheerios, Maggi packets and general shit like that. (Wish I was kidding). :lol:

Morning days christmas like some breakfast cereal 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Morning days christmas like some breakfast cereal 

Read this a few times and have no fucking clue what it means.

Are you Ok Gloom? Is this a cry for help? Are they treating you well?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Read this a few times and have no fucking clue what it means.

Are you Ok Gloom? Is this a cry for help? Are they treating you well?

I assume it's autocorrect for "Nothing says", but I like to think it's his brain slowly imploding at the prospect of having to spend time with his children when the schools close :boogie: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I assume it's autocorrect for "Nothing says", but I like to think it's his brain slowly imploding at the prospect of having to spend time with his children when the schools close :boogie: 

This gives me an idea fro a gameshow I'd like to pitch to the BBC. @Dr Gloom, can you get my foot in the door?

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm an antimasker now. I got my jabs like a good citizen to save the other peoples and now, without respite from being muzzled, they want to jab me again. No more! 

casablanca-shocked.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm an antimasker now. I got my jabs like a good citizen to save the other peoples and now, without respite from being muzzled, they want to jab me again. No more! 

image.jpeg.53119fd8a9ba11c2ec425c2535161ff2.jpeg

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

‘Hey, let’s see what else I can say to be mildly controversial’.

You used to be much better at the wummery.

When his lass fucked him off for the bigger, higher t, cock monster of an ex, he lost more than a cumbucket- he lost his mojo. 

Sad. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

U ok, hun? 

• Haha 4