Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

This is obviously why countries are concerned. Infections seem to be spread more rapidly than the Delta strain.

Dr Michelle Groome of South Africa’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) said there had been an “exponential increase” in infections over the past two weeks, from a weekly average of around 300 new cases per day to 1,000 last week, and most recently 3,500. On Wednesday, South Africa recorded 8,561 cases. A week earlier, the daily tally was 1,275.

About a 7X increase in infections in a week. Obviously if this data now emerging is correct then its very concerning 

Edited by trooper

14 minutes ago, trooper said:

This is obviously why countries are concerned. Infections seem to be spread more rapidly than the Delta strain.

Dr Michelle Groome of South Africa’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) said there had been an “exponential increase” in infections over the past two weeks, from a weekly average of around 300 new cases per day to 1,000 last week, and most recently 3,500. On Wednesday, South Africa recorded 8,561 cases. A week earlier, the daily tally was 1,275.

About a 7X increase in infections in a week. Obviously if this data now emerging is correct then its very concerning 

It’s only concerning if the effects are worse. If the illness is milder it’s good news. One of the boffins in the early days said it will end up being like a bad cold.

They better hurry up with these bastarding booster jabs. 

I got my vaccine before I should have because of a no show. Now France are saying it's only valid up to seven months so will have expired before I get away on my skiing holiday in January. I'm the unseen victim of this pandemic.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It’s only concerning if the effects are worse. If the illness is milder it’s good news. One of the boffins in the early days said it will end up being like a bad cold.

Aye Boris thought he was being clever calling it the " Wu Flu" then called for "herd immunity" when it eventually sunk in how serious it was he shit his pants & locked the country down to late

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, trooper said:

This doesn't look good

Heavily mutated Omicron is rapidly becoming the dominant variant of the Covid-19 in South Africa less than four weeks after it was first detected there.

This is probably good news tbf. A weaker mutation becoming the dominant variant means the end game is close. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I got my vaccine before I should have because of a no show. Now France are saying it's only valid up to seven months so will have expired before I get away on my skiing holiday in January. I'm the unseen victim of this pandemic.

OHHHH THE WORM HAS TURNED. 

Booked in for the 15th. 

SUCK MY BOOSTER! 

• Haha 4

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

This is probably good news tbf. A weaker mutation becoming the dominant variant means the end game is close. 

I hope so I guess we'll start to know more in the next couple of weeks. Myself Mrs  T & the kids are all double jabbed. Myself & Mrs  T are booked in to have our boosters on December 19th at Killingworth 

10 minutes ago, trooper said:

Aye Boris thought he was being clever calling it the " Wu Flu" then called for "herd immunity" when it eventually sunk in how serious it was he shit his pants & locked the country down to late

Stop calling the cunt ‘Boris’ 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I doubt you'll be skiing this year.