Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

On 07/04/2022 at 16:16, Alex said:

Anecdotally it seems like nearly everyone who’d previously managed to avoid it had caught it recently. t this point I’m expecting Gloom and Gemmill to succumb soon or turn up as characters in a Richard Matheson novel

Unbelievably, I still haven't had it. I'm just back from a week in Paris too - the Louvre and Pompidou were covid soup.

It's now all over my family, some of whom I saw at the weekend - so I'm expecting the worst now. Allergies have been acting up since yesterday but maybe it's not allergies..

Damn pain this thing.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If we had to put a bet on which member had allergies you were definitely co-favourite along with Renton and Craig.

Started in my mid-20s. Some sort of dust allergy. It gets really bad if I don't medicate it to the point where I can't sleep, but other than that they don't really show up day to day. I think I fucked my nose with paper dust working in a print workshop.

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Started in my mid-20s. Some sort of dust allergy. It gets really bad if I don't medicate it to the point where I can't sleep, but other than that they don't really show up day to day. I think I fucked my nose with paper dust working in a print workshop.

Scans with how every other kid was ruining their nose in their 20s. 

YOU MASSIVE FUCKING NEEERRRRRDDD!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

If we had to put a bet on which member had allergies you were definitely co-favourite along with Renton and Craig.

As far as I know I'm not allergic to anything 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Oh aye. “paper dust”.

image.gif.be3ddc7fc4927821e4550ce789af757b.gif

That’s what I call it too 

image.thumb.jpeg.27c8931eb47d23cf187074b3cd5d9fcf.jpeg

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

Wait, what? I am allegic to fucking everything as it happens. 

• Haha 1

Well, tested positive after starting with a sore throat last night.

Fortunately early enough in the isolation week from Mrs A having it that I'll probably be right by the time we could go out anyway.

I tested positive again today (first positive last Thursday) so another 6 days isolation I think unless I test negative - probably will wait to Saturday to do another one. 

Still just brain fog/tiredness in the main. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Isegrim said:

This describes him to a tee

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0963721417718261

1 - Thick and unable to apply critical thinking or consider the evidence of any given situation. Easier to just think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy 

2 - The need to feel different/special vs everyone else. Ie: "I drink Malibu rather than beer." He thinks he's a free thinker and has seen behind the curtain whereas everyone else is a sheeple.

You can add in Right Said Fred et al into the same bracket.

It's sad really. He had a good job with Sky and was a club legend at Southampton and he's chucking it all away on some misguided one man crusade against the world 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This describes him to a tee

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0963721417718261

1 - Thick and unable to apply critical thinking or consider the evidence of any given situation. Easier to just think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy 

2 - The need to feel different/special vs everyone else. Ie: "I drink Malibu rather than beer." He thinks he's a free thinker and has seen behind the curtain whereas everyone else is a sheeple.

You can add in Right Said Fred et al into the same bracket.

It's sad really. He had a good job with Sky and was a club legend at Southampton and he's chucking it all away on some misguided one man crusade against the world 

Same with Asprilla. He was making a decent living doing the jingles on radio ads for Sadie the Bra Lady and Mr Rahman’s Zips until he disappeared down the rabbit hole 

• Haha 3

Used to live with a Jewish lass who worked at 'Gentleman's club'. We called her the Gaza Stripper.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless of the pleasure of just being able to just sit there and look at Turner for four minutes or so, am not sure about her latest career move, although she’s right about the bill that will clamp down on the right to protest….