Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Same. Couple of TT legends. Works night out last week and a number are now stricken. Nothing here. 

same :lol:

went to a club the other week with a few mates. Crowded, poor ventilation - maybe 400+ capacity. Yours truly was the only one not to come down with covid afterwards. nails, basically. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they discover some of us have a natural resilience or immunity, despite it being novel. 

Somethings definately going on with me, I've had multiple exposures - I was shagging for days before she got it and never caught it, was the only person in 7 at the pub who didnt get it, all at the same table (outside at Tynemouth platform2) and same for my row at the football (both to my left and right got it , 6 out, me in the middle of both groups.

When my wife got it, after 3 jabs it still required medical attention and covid treatment drugs (tho she is vulnerable) - I had nothing..

So weird. What I do notice though is at each of these "exposures" I've had a runny nose on the way home like a mace attack or something - but never tested positive and still didnt after some dickhead fella came to a festival we ran a couple of weeks ago, looking like death , coughing in my face from 2 feet away (really) and then telling me he was covid positive and feeling like shit "but we dunt have to isolate now do we, its nDmic like a cold" -- dickhead.

Edited by scoobos

26 minutes ago, scoobos said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they discover some of us have a natural resilience or immunity, despite it being novel. 

Somethings definately going on with me, I've had multiple exposures - I was shagging for days before she got it and never caught it, was the only person in 7 at the pub who didnt get it, all at the same table (outside at Tynemouth platform2) and same for my row at the football (both to my left and right got it , 6 out, me in the middle of both groups.

When my wife got it, after 3 jabs it still required medical attention and covid treatment drugs (tho she is vulnerable) - I had nothing..

So weird. What I do notice though is at each of these "exposures" I've had a runny nose on the way home like a mace attack or something - but never tested positive and still didnt after some dickhead fella came to a festival we ran a couple of weeks ago, looking like death , coughing in my face from 2 feet away (really) and then telling me he was covid positive and feeling like shit "but we dunt have to isolate now do we, its nDmic like a cold" -- dickhead.

Did you get PCRed when you had the runny nose? That was the only symptom for my daughter and my other daughter was completely asymptomatic when she tested positive (on PCR, negativ on LFT). 

I've had two colds during covid times which have fucked me much more than covid did. I think I've lost my immunity to normal viruses. The last one was two weeks ago, felt really ill. The following week I'm suffering from swollen joints all over my body. Falling to bits tbh. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Did you get PCRed when you had the runny nose? That was the only symptom for my daughter and my other daughter was completely asymptomatic when she tested positive (on PCR, negativ on LFT). 

I've had two colds during covid times which have fucked me much more than covid did. I think I've lost my immunity to normal viruses. The last one was two weeks ago, felt really ill. The following week I'm suffering from swollen joints all over my body. Falling to bits tbh. 

Get yourself on keto... ***DR GLOOM DIET ADVICE KLAXON***

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Are you back on it?

Not full keto. Maybe it would call itself paleo. So low carb, meat, fish, green veg pretty much for everything. But I'm not sticking to 20g of carbs a day, I'm just managing them by sticking to the above. I'm allowing myself fruit as well but no one ever got fat or unhealthy by taking on carbs from fruit. 

Two reasons I'm not fully back on keto are I can't get my lass over the line on it again, and if you both aren't all guns blazing it's borderline impossible. And also I don't want the restriction of having to think I can't have a pizza once a month cos I'll be out of ketosis for days. 

So that's the story. I'm fully in charge of all grocery shopping and cooking now though so I can make sure that it's being properly observed. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Not full keto. Maybe it would call itself paleo. So low carb, meat, fish, green veg pretty much for everything. But I'm not sticking to 20g of carbs a day, I'm just managing them by sticking to the above. I'm allowing myself fruit as well but no one ever got fat or unhealthy by taking on carbs from fruit. 

Two reasons I'm not fully back on keto are I can't get my lass over the line on it again, and if you both aren't all guns blazing it's borderline impossible. And also I don't want the restriction of having to think I can't have a pizza once a month cos I'll be out of ketosis for days. 

So that's the story. I'm fully in charge of all grocery shopping and cooking now though so I can make sure that it's being properly observed. 

Aye, it’s an absolute ballache when only one of you is on it. Luckily my lass decided to give it another go so it’s been a doddle the last few weeks as she loves baking etc.

Also had her fitted with one of the freestyle libre 2 blood glucose monitor and it’s pretty impressive how her bloods have improved in such a short space of time. She’s looking at coming off one of her diabetes meds next week (Type 2).

Also helped that we’ve found someone who supplies bread buns at 2g a go.

• Like 1

That's mint news about your missus. Was it you told me about the Seriously Low Carb website - they do "bread" although it's fairly depressing. Their burger buns are all right though cos you do actually feel like you're having a burger. 

2 hours ago, NJS said:

You could all have had it asymptomatically before widespread LFTs were available of course. 

I was testing daily from the start as I was directly involved and no long term immunity seems to be proven?

One thing that was interesting for me, was a doctor I know who worked in the Red Zone since day 0 and right through until the end of last year they wore rubbish PPE at times like the apron and the crap consumer masks. 

Then they went out for a pizza as a rare outing and bang, both positive and quite poorly too. He said it kind of proved to him that the crappy fabric masks did work at some level , as he used to be really concerned they didnt get N95 / FFP3 masks  but in the end, it looks like 2 layer worked, in his case.

It's a weird thing, where many people I know have had it at least once, some 3 times - and then there's us with nothing and seriously, after the 2nd vaccine I became brazen to "Test the vaccine" as I was testing daily using masks and not mixing with vulnerables  - but going "out out" to mass indoor events.

And yep Renton - I have had similar experiences where I'm convinced its covid and I've been negative PCR / LFT. 

Edited by scoobos

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

That's mint news about your missus. Was it you told me about the Seriously Low Carb website - they do "bread" although it's fairly depressing. Their burger buns are all right though cos you do actually feel like you're having a burger. 

low carb bread?

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, that’s what we get. Nice to have a burger or cheese on toast now and again.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

honestly lads, just eat nutritious food, watch the calories and work out. no need to torture yourselves with low carb bread 

:lol:

Why did I set off the klaxon ffs?! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: fuck off and choke on a low carb breadcrumb 

Sadly impossible. It'd just disintegrate into several even smaller, even drier breadcrumbs.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

The wife’s got covid again and my booster was more than six months ago. This will be a true test of my medical marvel credentials. Hope I do get it now - getting it out of the way  before summer holidays would be ideal so I’m making no attempt to stay away from Mrs G. 

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The wife’s got covid again and my booster was more than six months ago. This will be a true test of my medical marvel credentials. Hope I do get it now - getting it out of the way  before summer holidays would be ideal so I’m making no attempt to stay away from Mrs G. 

creepy full metal jacket GIF

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

My missus had it and I didn't get it. This is where my final competitor drops away and I'm finally crowned King Covid Resister. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

My missus had it and I didn't get it. This is where my final competitor drops away and I'm finally crowned King Covid Resister. 

I've still not had it :lol:

Youngest sons got it now. Its just going round in circles. Although nobody's official keeping score apparently  1.7 million had it in the UK  last week