Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Yes - nearly 62 :sad:

64, read it and weep fucking whippersnappers.

It's not that great tbh, I have to have the obligatory "precautionary piss" before leaving a pub, safety first and all that.

• Haha 5

Gemmill thought he was one of the last toontastic Spartans, standing before the covid Persian horde but he was just one of the Greek allies sent home when the real Spartans knew they were going to be surrounded. :cuppa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

64, read it and weep fucking whippersnappers.

It's not that great tbh, I have to have the obligatory "precautionary piss" before leaving a pub, safety first and all that.

Winner Dave GIF by Barstool Sports

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Gemmill thought he was one of the last toontastic Spartans, standing before the covid Persian horde but he was just one of the Greek allies sent home when the real Spartans knew they were going to be surrounded. :cuppa:

Get Boris Johnson over here.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think we’re losing sight of what’s important.

Gemmill lost 

This post been bugging me somewhat. 

It's basically "so what's new", would have been much clearer with the simple addition of "again" at the end.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I still love you

As you get a bit older, remember the precautionary, or should I say "safety" piss, do not get taken by surprise, a good set of bushes or dark corner are not always readily available.

I would supplement this advice with the "safety piss" is a sensible precaution before venturing anywhere where toilet facilities cannot be guaranteed to be within a 2 minute reach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

As you get a bit older, remember the precautionary, or should I say "safety" piss, do not get taken by surprise, a good set of bushes or dark corner are not always readily available.

I would supplement this advice with the "safety piss" is a sensible precaution before venturing anywhere where toilet facilities cannot be guaranteed to be within a 2 minute reach.

right GIF by Shock Top

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

aint-that-the-5b65d0.jpg

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

To the parents on here. 

What are peoples thought on getting under 12’s vaccinated.

Not a conspiracy comment, just wondering what the general consensus is.

I didn’t think twice about it  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

To the parents on here. 

What are peoples thought on getting under 12’s vaccinated.

Not a conspiracy comment, just wondering what the general consensus is.

It’s safe enough but then again is covid a major problem to kids?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s safe enough but then again is covid a major problem to kids?

It's about playing the odds - a very small minority might suffer or get long covid but given its safety I can't see any reason to not bother. 

I think that argument applies to all vaccinations kids generally get. 

• Like 2

I suppose I come from this from this viewpoint.

He’s the only one of us in the household who is under 18 and therefore reliant on our guidance. All other vaccines for children are there to prevent very serious illness and have been tested over decades, not months. (Everyone else in the house is upto date.

My understanding (I know), is that this vaccine was made to counter the first variants, not Omicron and as he has already had the Omicron variant, he will have a level of built in immunity to it.

Also, I remember that when this was being discussed by the JVCI, part of their reasoning was it helping to protect the wider population and prevent loss of education. (IMO, not a good enough reason alone to inflict a “rushed” vaccine on a child.

On top of all of that is the fact that as risks in life go, serious illness from Covid in this age group is absolutely minuscule.

As I said earlier, no tin hat here, just a bit conflicted and curious as to what others had done . 👍