Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

33 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Couldnt be more different :lol: 

Depends on what context you're applying. If you're coming at it from the angle of "is it safe to give my young child this vaccination?" then it's comparable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Depends on what context you're applying. If you're coming at it from the angle of "is it safe to give my young child this vaccination?" then it's comparable.

I don't think he's ever implied it's not safe, just asking whether it's currently necessary.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2022 at 17:24, Christmas Tree said:

To the parents on here. 

What are peoples thought on getting under 12’s vaccinated.

Not a conspiracy comment, just wondering what the general consensus is.

Got him jabbed as soon as I could. 6 pints of Bhuna out of 6. Highly recommend. Would do it again.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2022 at 22:34, Christmas Tree said:

I suppose I come from this from this viewpoint.

He’s the only one of us in the household who is under 18 and therefore reliant on our guidance. All other vaccines for children are there to prevent very serious illness and have been tested over decades, not months. (Everyone else in the house is upto date.

My understanding (I know), is that this vaccine was made to counter the first variants, not Omicron and as he has already had the Omicron variant, he will have a level of built in immunity to it.

Also, I remember that when this was being discussed by the JVCI, part of their reasoning was it helping to protect the wider population and prevent loss of education. (IMO, not a good enough reason alone to inflict a “rushed” vaccine on a child.

On top of all of that is the fact that as risks in life go, serious illness from Covid in this age group is absolutely minuscule.

As I said earlier, no tin hat here, just a bit conflicted and curious as to what others had done . 👍

So many things wrong in one post :lol: 

This is the most tested vaccine in history. And natural immunity doesn't last long at all.

I appreciate kids don't really get poorly off COVID, but they can carry it to others. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This is the most tested vaccine in history. And natural immunity doesn't last long at all.

I appreciate kids don't really get poorly off COVID, but they can carry it to others. 

Some kids do though.

Also saw a thing today, significant increase in stillbirth is being monitored, they've been finding Covid in the placenta

• Sad 1

Just now, Meenzer said:

Heck of a few days for you, Craig! Get well soon :good: 

Yeah it's utter shit. The ex caught it off her Mum as well so the kids have no escape from it. Cheers mate.

50 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Living up to IT stereotypes with that black background. Was that:

Your wallpaper

Your bedsheets

Your sofa

Your jeans

...? 

My desk :lol:

On 17/10/2022 at 15:16, Kid Dynamite said:

It doesn't stop you getting it, it doesn't stop you passing it on either.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trooper said:

It doesn't stop you getting it, it doesn't stop you passing it on either.

But it does vastly reduce your chances of serious illness, death and long covid. 

• Like 1

I'm due my booster now but must admit I'm a bit reluctant, as this particular vaccine has fucked everyone I know who have had it. I'll still go but need to time it so I'm not up to much the next 2 days I think. 

Edited by Renton

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm due my booster now but must admit I'm a bit reluctant, as this particular vaccine has fucked everyone I know who have had it. I'll still go but need to time it so I'm not up to much the next 2 days I think. 

I've had a text offering me the booster and a flu one but I decided to wait till after I get back from holiday.