Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

Not sure I'm getting another booster. I've had 3 jabs & still got covid. Shirley I'd have antibodies to fight it off now with 3 jabs & covid ? 

I think it's the variants - this seems to mutate to avoid the full effect of the vaccines more than other coronaviruses. Problem is you're probably fully immune to versions which are now extinct. 

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

Not sure I'm getting another booster. I've had 3 jabs & still got covid. Shirley I'd have antibodies to fight it off now with 3 jabs & covid ? 

You'll probably be offered flu at the same time. That's the main thing motivating me. 

I'd get the covid booster if I was eligible even though I appear to be impervious to it. I paid for the flu jab last week because fuck getting anything that can potentially leave me in bed for a few days.

FWIW I am down for the jab next week and the main reason for it, is like Renton.  The Flu.  I could pay for the Flu jab on its own I suppose.

I don't know about going forward if they will continue to offer it to people my age.  My wife was by far the youngest and fittest looking at the GPs on Saturday.  I was stood waiting outside and 99% of people getting pricked were old or fat cunts.

How the fuck are all you losers getting offered boosters and I'm not? I'll fucking tell you why. Because the government is keeping true to its word and supporting THE MOST VULNERABLE, leaving those with THE BROADEST SHOULDERS to look after themselves. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

How the fuck are all you losers getting offered boosters and I'm not? I'll fucking tell you why. Because the government is keeping true to its word and supporting THE MOST VULNERABLE, leaving those with THE BROADEST SHOULDERS to look after themselves. 

But ... Didn't you end up being vulnerable as well?

• Haha 1

I took a brief holiday from being absolutely fucking impenetrably rock. Normal service has long since been resumed. 

Leave your little New Zealand hobbit house sometime and you might find yourself exposed to bacteria yourself, BilboBilbo! 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I'm due my booster now but must admit I'm a bit reluctant, as this particular vaccine has fucked everyone I know who have had it. I'll still go but need to time it so I'm not up to much the next 2 days I think. 

I got the booster yesterday teatime. Been and done the full shop, bought some shelves, put them up and tidied the loft.

Man up :lol: 

9 hours ago, trooper said:

It doesn't stop you getting it, it doesn't stop you passing it on either.

It makes it more difficult for you to catch it though. I'm not having an antivax debate anyway, it's fucking 2022. There's peer reviewed evidence available if people want to educate themselves. 

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/227713/coronavirus-infections-three-times-lower-double/amp/

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I took a brief holiday from being absolutely fucking impenetrably rock. Normal service has long since been resumed. 

Leave your little New Zealand hobbit house sometime and you might find yourself exposed to bacteria yourself, BilboBilbo! 

But I don't live in New ...

Ah Fuck it.  Whatever you say bro

• Haha 1

I can get a flu jab and a booster at the same time because of the NHS' mistaken belief that I've got sickle cell anaemia and have had an organ transplant.

Hooray for governmental neglect leading to mistakes that benefit me!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, catmag said:

Well this virus business is shit, innit? 

1F60BCA9-B8E3-4A43-AE3A-F1001A9B8CA8.jpeg

You can see the antigen signal grow in strength there over the 3 days. Mine were like that, took a couple of weeks to disappear altogether. I hope your not to badly affected and can take a needed break from work. 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hope you’re feeling ok. You’ve managed to dodge it so far haven’t you? 

I have. 

I know exactly where I got it and I’m annoyed but it was pretty unavoidable. It was a vulnerable patient with Covid, Alzheimer’s and constant diarrhoea that I had to clean up several times. I had PPE but it was relentless. Started with fevers on Sun night and have been rotten ever since. 

Just now, catmag said:

I have. 

I know exactly where I got it and I’m annoyed but it was pretty unavoidable. It was a vulnerable patient with Covid, Alzheimer’s and constant diarrhoea that I had to clean up several times. I had PPE but it was relentless. Started with fevers on Sun night and have been rotten ever since. 

Aye. And you woke me up in the middle of the night