Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Aye. And you woke me up in the middle of the night 

I was wrestling with a shit-covered man and bum dialled you! That’s what you get for being first in my phone list 😂

I had to send 3 apologetic texts that next morning. Mortified 🥺

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, catmag said:

I was wrestling with a shit-covered man and bum dialled you! That’s what you get for being first in my phone list 😂

I had to send 3 apologetic texts that next morning. Mortified 🥺

When you explained the circumstances I did the right thing and decided to delete the voice mail rather than listening to it first

;) 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

When you explained the circumstances I did the right thing and decided to delete the voice mail rather than listening to it first

;) 

:lol:

I can guarantee it would me shouting “Nooooooooooo!!!!” as said man stood up and unleashed a torrent of sewage across my shoes, scrubs and floor. I had my fave Jimmy Anderson socks on too. Poor Jimmy 😢

• Haha 3

Actually when it happened I looked at my phone, somehow managed to compute you’d accidentally rang me in nightshift then rolled over and was asleep in less than 30 seconds 

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. And you woke me up in the middle of the night 

I just assumed you were the bloke with the constant diarrhea when I saw this response. 

Hope you're doing better soon Cath. First 4 days were the worst for me, but def take it easy even when you think you're feeling better. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I just assumed you were the bloke with the constant diarrhea when I saw this response. 

Hope you're doing better soon Cath. First 4 days were the worst for me, but def take it easy even when you think you're feeling better. 

Thanks. I think the fevers have stopped and now just feel fluey and wiped out. Work rules say I have to go back if negative on days 5&6 which is unlikely. I’m definitely off til at least a week today unless still testing positive next Wed. 

Having not had it until now it’s made me extremely grateful for the vaccine and boosters that I’ve had. And also reflect on seeing so many patients die at the beginning. It’s quite surreal ☹️

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye. That was the joke, dickhead 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, catmag said:

Thanks. I think the fevers have stopped and now just feel fluey and wiped out. Work rules say I have to go back if negative on days 5&6 which is unlikely. I’m definitely off til at least a week today unless still testing positive next Wed. 

Having not had it until now it’s made me extremely grateful for the vaccine and boosters that I’ve had. And also reflect on seeing so many patients die at the beginning. It’s quite surreal ☹️

If you're not well enough to work, it doesn't matter what the test results. Tell them to FUCK OFF! 

• Like 4

Hope you're doing OK Cath. Knocked me off my feet for about 4-5 days but lethargy has seemed to hang around longer than that. Definitely needs more time that you think it does.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I think you need to reflect on the confused messaging that has caused distress for THREE esteemed board members, Mr Shitey Arse! 

Well she did really accidentally phone me but she already knew that, therefore I made the reply so it would look like I was the one who’d shat his pants and  gave Cath the lurgy ;) 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If you're not well enough to work, it doesn't matter what the test results. Tell them to FUCK OFF! 

There’s a first time for everything and this might just be it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

At the Freeman they’ve told staff who’ve tested positive they can go in if they aren’t symptomatic. As long as they wear a mask. Really. 

What the fuck? Mask-wearing is still mandatory at our place in all clinical areas as standard. That’s madness. 

Just now, catmag said:

What the fuck? Mask-wearing is still mandatory at our place in all clinical areas as standard. That’s madness. 

My lass has started a community post now but some former colleagues told her. I think mask-wearing’s compulsory again anyway (it wasn’t for a good while). They stopped testing new admissions ages ago too. You’d be well pleased if you are a relative was in and they were letting staff they knew were covid positive looking after them. 

Yeah we only test new admissions if symptomatic but there’s been a few slipped through the net that have caused havoc once confirmed. I get that we have to live with it but also need to limit the spread amongst the most clinically vulnerable. And poor anaesthetic nurses who get roped into helping on wards when they’re short-staffed. 

1 hour ago, catmag said:

I was wrestling with a shit-covered man and bum[med] you!

My only contribution is that some people would pay good money to see that. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I know loads of people that dodged it first/second time around and have got it recently.

All  been wiped out for a week as well.

Something to look forward to for those as yet unaffected (yes, Gemmill, in Hobbiton :smile:

Edited by RobinRobin