Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

On 02/11/2022 at 11:54, Gemmill said:

If you're not well enough to work, it doesn't matter what the test results. Tell them to FUCK OFF! 

After already having a week off I had to ring today to say I’ll be off for at least another. Still testing positive on day 8 and not sure whether it’s because I’m a first-timer but fucking hell man, it’s knocked me sideways. Constant dizziness at the moment. I’m just wandering round the house like a zombie half-heartedly doing jobs that can’t wait. 

28 minutes ago, catmag said:

After already having a week off I had to ring today to say I’ll be off for at least another. Still testing positive on day 8 and not sure whether it’s because I’m a first-timer but fucking hell man, it’s knocked me sideways. Constant dizziness at the moment. I’m just wandering round the house like a zombie half-heartedly doing jobs that can’t wait. 

I didn't test every day but my first negative was on the tenth day. The brain fog is horrible. 

• Sad 1

One of the bar managers at my local went there last night knowingly with Covid and infected at least half a dozen people. I think I've probably got immunity seeing as I only had it 3 weeks ago and have tested negativity, but he cannot understand why I've called him an irresponsible selfish prick. 

One of the blokes who's picked it up is a self-employed floorer and won't be working until it's cleared. 

• 1 month later...

So it looks like one of Toontastic’s last invincibles may be wounded, perhaps fatally.

I felt a bit rough yesterday, sore all over and no energy. The wife said she was the same. Both tested and both negative.

Now the wife has tested positive this morning and I’m still negative but giving the way I feel I’d say it’s only a matter of time before I’m getting two lines up.

I've been ropey this week but turned up a negative test yesterday on the last remaining one we have in the house. Think it's just a cold. I never used to get colds, I reckon all the lockdown and wfh has damaged my once invincible immune system. 

I made the mistake of going on the work Christmas night out and here I am fucked now. 

My lass can't get tests from school anymore btw cos the school doesn't want people testing positive and taking time off. Don't know if that's govt policy or just the stupid cunt head of her school. 

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So it looks like one of Toontastic’s last invincibles may be wounded, perhaps fatally.

I felt a bit rough yesterday, sore all over and no energy. The wife said she was the same. Both tested and both negative.

Now the wife has tested positive this morning and I’m still negative but giving the way I feel I’d say it’s only a matter of time before I’m getting two lines up.

Good luck. Assuming you're jabbed up, otherwise tough luck. Christ, it's nearly a year since I got it. Feels like a ot longer ago than that. Just recovering from a non-covid virus now and will concur it's been worse than what covid threw at me. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Anyway I hope you pair of mince pies are feeling better soon. 

i got over it in just over 24 hours thanks to my superhuman immune system. 

(blatantly getting the flu jab next winter)

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've been ropey this week but turned up a negative test yesterday on the last remaining one we have in the house. Think it's just a cold. I never used to get colds, I reckon all the lockdown and wfh has damaged my once invincible immune system. 

I made the mistake of going on the work Christmas night out and here I am fucked now. 

My lass can't get tests from school anymore btw cos the school doesn't want people testing positive and taking time off. Don't know if that's govt policy or just the stupid cunt head of her school. 

Yeah, I think our immune systems are pretty goosed, see also uptick in Scarlet fever cases in kids. Mrs Rents was really ill last month, took a week off work, she's never previously taken a day off even. 

I'm still testing positive with the same faint line I got on 8th October 😕

Feeling better other than my thinking is a bit slower, mental arithmetic and struggling with some things at work that I'd usually storm through.

I paid for the flu jab this year because I was worried about a big wave of it. I’d have paid for the covid one too if it were offered but apparently this Marxist government doesn’t believe in the free market.

1 minute ago, scoobos said:

Feeling better other than my thinking is a bit slower, mental arithmetic and struggling with some things at work that I'd usually storm through.

scoobos looking at the C line coming up for the 60th day in a row.

Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Are you tests all from the same batch? My mate had that until someone suggested it might be a faulty batch. Got a test from elsewhere and it was negative; tried another from the same batch and positive again.